Erlistoun Station - Laverton W.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah spoke to a guy from Emerald today and highway is closed from Rocky to there at the moment but as said should be good by the time your on your way.
Will be up there also but will leave it till after Easter so I'm not fighting the easter bunny traffic and all the rabbits on the road during that time :rolleyes:

Received an email from Regis Resources tonight concerning an increase in sightings of wild dogs and two close call incidents over the last few weeks.
As of tomorrow an intensive baiting and track 'em and whack 'em program will start between King of Creation mine and Garden well mine on the Erlistoun / Bandya boundary.

Also, due to some numpty flapping his gums in the Laverton van park "if my dog takes a bait I'll shoot the station owner" the new station owners are exercising their right and from now on no dogs are permitted on Erlistoun station without prior written consent.

Sorry folks, not my doing blame it one idiot and his big mouth.

So has the word got out to the owners about numpty's threat, so he can be 'excluded'?...wonder how many more it will now effect...

Glad to see the disclaimer against ALL dogs... :Y:

No dogs at all unless prior permission from the pastoralist, whether the pastoralist gives permission is another thing entirely... most likely no.

5 stations owned by Minara resources.... no dogs. Get caught with one and you'll be asked to leave, police involved if needed.

More and more stations are going the same way. Most 40E's have a no dog policy.

Such a pain, to endure limitations put in place to protect the few, from themselves...way of the world sadly.

Never having been out west MT,.. how often do the 'prospectors' drop into the Station owners place on the way out and leave a 'gratitude' parcel?....would you have any idea?

Have had one drop in this year and say hi ( a forum member) and he is the first in over 4 years.

This year has been the best season so far, have had about 5 or 6 ring and let us know. All member of various forums. :Y:

Yep a BIG MOUTH that's all they are. Next time your in trouble folks remember to call Laverton Van Park and ask for

Superwanker he'll come to your aid with his gun and his dog and baffle you with Bullshite.

numpty said:
GypsyGoldAu said:
So has the word got out to the owners about numpty's threat, so he can be 'excluded'?...wonder how many more it will now effect...

Glad to see the disclaimer against ALL dogs... :Y:

just to make things clear gents...... its "the numpty" not numpty as in me. :)

I realised that, my comment wasn't directed at you it's my opinion of the person who made the threat.

GypsyGoldAu said:
:8 ,,,see what happens when one ass-umes...lmao :lol:

Never assumed anything just made a comment regarding gutless people who think their threats will intimidate and clear a path for them. Based on my observation after reading madtuna's 1st post. My Dad shot plenty of dogs owned by wakers like this bloke and none of them had the guts to carry out their threats of doing the same to him.

xcvator said:
Don't shoot the dogs, shoot the owners :mad: The dog only goes where it's owner takes it

Not when their let loose :N: responsible owners wouldn't put them selves or their dog in that situation. The law of the day allowed for pastoralists to eliminate the threat to their stock and livelihood. It's still the case as far as I know, I had to shoot a dog few years ago after it had mauled a few of our sheep. I rang the ranger who came out, neither of us could find it 3 hours later it turned up again and left in a bag no owner in sight he was at work.

Seen plenty of trouble caused round here over the years mainly from people moving to the country with no respect for the laws of the land. Oh you can't do that , well that's how it's done here. Complaints are made cops are sometimes called and generally they end up educating the new residents about what to and not to do.

Madtuna one day I hope to get over that way and the first point of call would be catching up with station owners/managers just to let the know I was on their property and to find out if there was any specific rules or no go areas . Just plain and simple country courtesy in my eyes. Have asked before about being allowed to access land for fishing purposes and have been told no we don't allow access but since you came and actually asked was allowed , even with some directions of where to try. A bit of old fashion courtesy can go a long way, unfortunately a dying trait.

Latest posts