Daniel5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel5000

Daniel
Reaction score
Hi All.
I presently reside in the NSW Southern Highlands, I have always had a keen interest in fossicking, but have only just taken the steps to starting recently due to the purchase of a more capable off road vehicle. I look foreward to talking to you all and sharing some of my experiences.

Welcome to the forum Daniel5000, theres nothing better than getting a new toy (4x4) and heading out for some adventure especially prospecting. :)

hi Daniel,
welcome to PA. I started prospecting last winter and being on this forum has helped me learn heaps, the most important part is getting into the gold field, so a good vehicle is your best investment, in my experience I have had 3 brake down going out with a small budget I started with the 80 series.. it could be costly in the long run but the initial cost is way affordable compare to diesels. So if you got the budget or save up for a diesel if you'r thinking about those big trips, as for diesels it could go much longer with out the fear of over heat and better fuel economy.

Daniel5000 said:
Thanks Guys. Just moved to Sunshine Coast, so i have modified my plan to include Gympie as a primary target area.

If you are looking to fossick in Gympie, you should take a look at Deep Creek

I've made contact with a couple of locals in SC who have said that it's not really worth going to Deep Creek. They reckon that Kilkivan is a better area except that some of the property owners out there aren't scared to fire the odd shot your way if they think you're getting too close to their land. More research is required for now. In the meantime I'm trying to locate some historical mining sites from back in the day which are near the SC for me to spend some time exploring.