Beginner Prospecter Tasmania

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I live in the sticks down in southern Tasmania and have recently become quite obsessed with the world of prospecting due to YouTube.. Tassie Boys Prospecting primarily 🤣

I'm kind of just teaching myself as I go and have had a crack at hunting for some agate and crystals in my area, but am definitely keen to step it up a notch and eventually try some gold sniping up north.. Any hints or tips would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick79.
Presuming you have a gold pan and can use it to a reasonable skill level, my suggestion would be a bit of research through Mineral Resources Tasmania.
There is also a good publication available for free on the web called Geological survey bulletin no 70, Gold in Tasmania that gives some specifics about where historical gold has been found in Tassie.
Welcome to the group.

Hi Nick79.
Presuming you have a gold pan and can use it to a reasonable skill level, my suggestion would be a bit of research through Mineral Resources Tasmania.
There is also a good publication available for free on the web called Geological survey bulletin no 70, Gold in Tasmania that gives some specifics about where historical gold has been found in Tassie.
Welcome to the group.
Thanks for the tip Geoff! I'll be checking out some of those spots for sure.. Some road trips out to the middle of nowhere will definitely be on the cards too

Latest posts