Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wally bnailed it, it's "rolled gold", although they usually use capital letters for it. If you look at through a jewellers loupe you can see where it's peeling off in places, doh!!! So yeah there is a very thin layer of gold but that doesn't count in my opinion...... :(

Wally69 said:
Could be RG for rolled gold :rolleyes:
Is that a real thing Wally :| ,...sounds good. :D
Maybe that specific gravity test would help in this case. :)

silver said:
Wally69 said:
Could be RG for rolled gold :rolleyes:
Is that a real thing Wally :| ,...sounds good. :D
Maybe that specific gravity test would help in this case. :)

Rolled gold is real, slightly better than plated, the ring is pretty much a junker.

Got out with Wally69 for a few hours today detecting, I got 4 Sixpence and 1 Threepence but..... ended up getting 1 coin mixed up in my junk bucket and errrrr well I'm not going through the stinky bin for it. Wally got a couple of silvers also, was a pretty good day, a tad slim on finds but a good day none the less.

1441182634_20150902_182428.jpg

Cut a bin liner open and slop it out over that,... make sure it's on the grass and that there are no targets in that bit of lawn,....spread the yucki stuff a bit and just detect it to find the coin,... all the metal stuff should be in the recycle bin anyway,... except for your detecting rubbish that holds the coin,... be the ultimate detector test to hear a silver in amongst the throw aways Heatho :lol: ,... when you are finished just pick it up by the corners and rebag/bin it. :D

Not a bad idea mate, dunno if a silver coin will be audible among the 100 or so 1c and 2c coins from the last few sessions I tossed in there also....... :D Bin is pretty empty, I might just hose it out while I'm at it.

Heatho said:
Not a bad idea mate, dunno if a silver coin will be audible among the 100 or so 1c and 2c coins from the last few sessions I tossed in there also....... :D Bin is pretty empty, I might just hose it out while I'm at it.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p :lol: :D :D :| ,.....hold ya breath,... and remember :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: coppers worth $$$$$$$$$$$ too(ha). :D

I hold on to all my BB's, might smelt them down to a decent sized copper ingot/bar one day. I think recyclers pay around $6-7 per kilo, depending on purity and who you go through.

Now all I need to do is go out and find another 95 kilos of them. :D

Heatho said:
rocketaroo said:
Wally69 said:
I saved mine, but I do not know why

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1441235570_image.jpg

Thanks for another great hunt Heath :D

You guys are turning into detecting buddies!
:)

We've been detecting buddies for a while mate, Wally even lets me drink his Jack Daniels until I'm slobbering drunk. :lol:

And I have a bad case of 'Florin Envy', so it is a very normal relationship. :D :lol: :D

Goldpick said:
I hold on to all my BB's, might smelt them down to a decent sized copper ingot/bar one day. I think recyclers pay around $6-7 per kilo, depending on purity and who you go through.

Now all I need to do is go out and find another 95 kilos of them. :D

Me too. Got over 6 kg of copper, about half of it in BB's. Plus brass and lead.
Karl

Latest posts