Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually get a good 15 hours I reckon, I've never really timed it Rod but it usually lasts about 3x5 hour sessions, which is more than satisfactory, might give it a charge after every 2 sessions from now on. The AA battery pack that comes with it does not last very long at all.

Got out for another few hours today to the honey hole, got 2 rings, one is junk the other is sterling silver, wish someone would be nice enough to drop another gold one there soon. :) Must be the 10th or 11th ring I've found in this spot, it just keeps giving, still plenty more to do there.

1440572757_20150826_150046.jpg

1440572757_20150826_150114.jpg

Good one Heatho,... just a nice amble from home too hey,... that's the sort of detecting that keeps you happy in life. ;)

Quite a bit less than using the Aldi. You're still going to get plenty of junk Rocket if you're looking for gold rings. If you're just hunting silver and goldies you could cut the junk down significantly.

I made $1 and $2 coin programs for mine plus silver pre decimals and sterling silver into another program and then a program of both together. So if I want I can just target either or both and only targets in those ranges will be found, though aluminium screw caps are about the same as the $1 and $2 coin target ID. It comes with a silver program pre installed too.

I'm currently doing a gold jewellery program too, but it seems nearly every piece of gold brings up a different target ID, so I'll need 100's of pieces of jewellery to do it properly.

That being said though I normally just use the standard coin program it came with, and use my goldie program when I hear a goldie among other junk clutter to pinpoint it.

Goldpick said:
Not a bad junk to coin ratio, got to be happy with that - damned kids! :D

Some spots are worse than others at this site mate, but yeah not too bad at all. Yeah the kids are pretty full on when hundreds of them turn up, 1 will usually point at me and yell "metal detector" then hoards of them start running towards me and well...... time to rertreat in double time lol.

Only good thing is I'm sure the kids are the main ones depositing all the modern coins there so it's a good balance between having to run and having constant re-deposits made. :D

Latest posts