Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And they sound so nice(well they do on an ACE250)when you find them too. :D

Also found this weird Austrian replica coin, token thingo, here's some info on it. Interesting find though.
http://coinquest.com/cgi-bin/cq/coins?main_coin=9602

1441529641_20150906_183232.jpg

Still,.. it says 17-- something on it,... could still be ok for the coin comp maybe,.... do you recon it was minted back then, or sometime more recent Heatho ? :eek:

silver said:
Still,.. it says 17-- something on it,... could still be ok for the coin comp maybe,.... do you recon it was minted back then, or sometime more recent Heatho ? :eek:

I know, pretty cool hey.... Pretty sure it wouldn't be too old Silverr, the back is not stamped with anything either, it's just flat.

Interesting token Heatho, might be your oldest find yet if the 1700's date is the actual date it was struck. Makes you wonder how it came to be there. :)

Goldpick said:
Interesting token Heatho, might be your oldest find yet if the 1700's date is the actual date it was struck. Makes you wonder how it came to be there. :)

Sure does make me wonder GP, pretty sure it's a modern or semi modern replica of an extremely rare coin. Here's what the back of it looks like, nothing struck onto it at all, looks like it was attached to something, might have been a badge or medal type thing or something.

1441576561_20150907_075158.jpg

Looking at the rear, appears that it may have been a reproduction button or a pin vs a coin or token. Could still have some age to it, though maybe not related to the 1700's date on the front face.

Still a nice little ring, would have got the heart pumping for a bit when it came out of the ground. What reading did you get on it? :)

Gold plated :eek: :eek: ,.................well at least the opal will be a triplet then(that's still real),... nice pennys too heatho. :D

Goldpick said:
Still a nice little ring, would have got the heart pumping for a bit when it came out of the ground. What reading did you get on it? :)

Yeah it sure did, almost did a happy dance. Was 12:22 so you can see why I thought it was gold, that ID looked spot on for a small gold ring.

silver said:
Gold plated :eek: :eek: ,.................well at least the opal will be a triplet then(that's still real),... nice pennys too heatho. :D

Cheers Silver, it's not a doublet or triplet as there is no clear layer on top of it, was thinking it was real, then thought........ hmmmmm this looks almost too good. Pretty sure it's man made "Kyocera" opal, Syndyne Shauno gave me a bit of opal edumacation when we catch up on gold detecting trips. Anyway hopefully getting closer to a gold find. Will probably head west soon to satisfy my gold lust, lol.

Finds from the last couple of hunts, yesterday with Wally69, didn't find much in a spot where I got the 6 silvers last week, I was expecting plenty of coins but we pretty much got zip..... Seems I got them all in one go which I find hard to believe.....

Today was $30 and 4 Silvers at the honey hole that keeps on keeping on.

1441876702_20150910_150542.jpg

Got out for a swing today, hit a spot near the Spit Bridge near Seaforth, all I got was junk and about 15 Lead sinkers, must be some real bad fisher people there as they were all about 20m from the water lol. Then hit old faithful and got a sixpence, about $16, a cone which I would have considered a great find 9 months ago but seeing I don't smoke anymore it's going in the junk bin. :D A councillors badge too, didn't need that as some days I already feel like one...... No silver rings which was a shock, starting to get edgy as I haven't found any gold in quite a while, hopefully get some sooner than later.....

1442209791_20150914_151420.jpg

1442209791_20150914_152025.jpg

Latest posts