Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Dear, Something else to look out for.
Look what he is saying and he has a container full.
MAJOR FAIL.
YOU DRIVE A CAR MADE IN CHINA AND THEY WORK WELL SO WHY NOT A GOLD DETECTOR ..

I HAVE A WHOLE CONTAINER OF DETECTORS THAT I AM UNSURE IF THEY ARE GENUINE BUT STILL HAPPY ''' BECAUSE

THEY WORK AND FOUND PLENTY WITH THIS MODEL '' BIG COMPANIES CALL THEM INFERIOR '' BUT I DISAGREE ..

THESE WILL BE MODIFIED INTO A DOUBLE BOX SET UP SOON AND WILL BE CALLED GOLD FEVERS TOP LINE '''

ColinD said:
Well presumably the seller has a plan to bolt with the money as soon as it hits as if the detector is fake the buyer will be due a Paypal refund, so I'm guessing Paypal will have to take the hit for the refund if the seller doesn't, so doesn't suit Ebay at all as they are connected.

edit: If you look at his listing, right underneath where he states no returns you have an Ebay Guarantee that guarantees you your money back if what you receive is not what it should be.

Pretty sure they parted ways a while back...

GaryO said:
BoydWilliam said:
I have send the seller a question asking for the serial numbers.
Will be interesting to see if i get a reply.
Same here , I sent a message and no reply . Its back up for sale again and a new message sent and still no reply.
Start reporting again people :)

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/252501055224

mmmm Its back again - this ebayer just does not give up despite being told it is a fake.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=252508868793#ht_1109wt_1397

jamie said:
is the switch on the 5000 you linked to bazza meant to be sideways on and off or the up and down like the 4500?
Good pick up - it should be up/down not sideways.
I've heard of others where the 3 position switches i.e. coil selection - cancel, mono or DD is only a 2 position switch. Something else you can check on them if able to physically inspect.
The font though in that link is the biggest giveaway it's fake. Completely incorrect on the control box - the G + P are the easiest to tell by. Hadn't noticed the sideways on/off switch on that one before.
Some people get burnt & then think they have the right to rip someone else off to get their money back. I feel sorry for them getting stung in the first place but not when they keep trying to dupe other unwary people. Dirty pool :mad: - he's even using a stock picture off the internet of a real one as his 1st picture.

I always first look at the sine wave symbol as the genuine symbol is thinner and also the line of wave doesn't intrude into or show thru the centre of the G where as all the fakes I've seen do

Latest posts