Boots for Prospecting, Hiking, Detecting information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Licking windows..

I had a bad fall about 4 weeks a go,

Ankle gave way on me and I went down hard,

The doctor at the hospital took exrays and found that I had two cracks in the side of it,

She put it plaster.. Then took it out of plaster.. Then about 2 hour's later she put it back in plaster

Then took more exrays ...then took it back out of plaster...

No cracks...

Unbelievable...

Have done ligament damage to it and bruised between the joint of the ankle,

My GP said I had done a great job on it,

And it will take just as long as a brake to heal,

My GP told me last Friday enough 3 to 4 weeks

8 weeks all up...

This is how it is looking now...

1549454093_img_20190126_101832-2432x1368.jpg

1549454191_img_20190126_101838-2432x1368.jpg

Goody :)

The ones on the warlord website above are expensive but they are up there at the top of the heap for quality.

I bought a pair there of slightly different ones which were $300 when I had no time to wait for an ebay delivery.

If you have time up your sleeve do a search on eBay for combat boots.

You will find various similar ones there for $40 - 65 and save yourself $150 bucks.

Before you buy any , send him a photo first to check if he likes high cut (8) or 6 medium cut which refers to the height of the boot , and if he wants black or tan , gift giving can be a fickle pita.

$300 is still expensive... Then again how much do you spend on a gift for someone...

Still best to get good boots for him..

I'd give ya mine Bundy, genuine Vietnam era GP's, but some bastard stole them from my backdoor, which in those days was in the Dandenongs.

In all honesty, they were a bloody great boot. Of course mine had the metal plates in the soles. Apart from disposal stores, you will be hard pushed to get anything genuine today. I mean, even today's soldiers are buying their own boots. Enough said.

Good luck with your search.

7.62marksman said:
bundyjd said:
7.62marksman said:
these were my parade boots that is why they are so shiny but that will wear off worn for about 4 parades thats it
i no longer wear them if that helps you out

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8005/1549450767_101_8020.jpg

Very shiny, do you know what size they are?
sorry thought i put the size up
they are 8E

Thanks mate, I think I have tracked down a pair of boots called RG Cadet boots which I have never heard of but apparently are super comfortable and waterproof.

If that falls through I'll give you a call.

7.62marksman said:
bundyjd said:
7.62marksman said:
these were my parade boots that is why they are so shiny but that will wear off worn for about 4 parades thats it
i no longer wear them if that helps you out

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8005/1549450767_101_8020.jpg

Very shiny, do you know what size they are?
sorry thought i put the size up
they are 8E

Crikey marksman, is that RAA sizes of Salvation Army size. You must be a midget. :lol:

Cheers

Doug

I have a pair of new terra combat boots 270/94 available for $120. If anyone is keen to strap them on, drop me a PM.

1550015882_f5bffc1c-b393-4991-bfb3-f71caaa581d5.jpg

Those boots of marksmans are just that shiny
Because they are the ones Lou ( the boss ) uses to kick him where the sun dont shine , whenever he returns from prospecting trips empty handed ! Lol

Not sure if you can read the mondopoint numbers on the bottom of the boot photo in your first thread B...jd. If you can it might be a good reference point for sizing some new ones.

Thanks Wally, those boots in the first picture are just an example of the kind I was asked to find, they aren't actually the right size.

I was going to buy some cadet boots from the disposal shop in Wollongong on the weekend, but yesterday the local disposal shop here in Canberra came through with a pair of Terra boots in almost new condition for $50.

Those are also 270mm, so I'll try them on and if they fit me I'll give you a shout about taking that pair off your hands, I have a feeling they might be a size too small though.

Latest posts