Boots for Prospecting, Hiking, Detecting information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought these might have been more your style AF. Home made and still warm. ;)
1524738941_fc73c25d-88aa-442a-bbb2-1302792dd1ad.jpg

I almost always wear my steelies (unless I'm in thongs or bare foot on the beach).... but I'm just a treasure hunter and steel caps make no difference to me at all..... even on full throttle ( it's what ya get used too hey ! ) ;) ;)

Keens hiking boots. They have absolutely no metal in them and they have tenacious grip in rocky country.

1524746636_boots.jpg

They are great for climbing but don't handle rock slides too well. You know, where you slide the rocks away with your boots :rolleyes: It wears out the side stitching causing the fine dust to collect outside the gortex layer. It becomes quite uncomfortable after a while so I find it better to apply a Sikaflex urethane rubber bumper to both sides before they wear out.

Dirtdemon said:
just some blundstone elastic sided boots without the steel cap generally.

Blunstone's still have metal in them in the sole there'll be a strip of spring steel that act's as an arch support. If you want to wear elastic sided boots with no metal I've found Rossi the best and available at Bunnings for a reasonable price. As for lace up's I wear Oliver boots that wear well for me. As with all boots though it's good getting out of them at the end of the day.

Yeah I was leaning towards lace-ups myself think I'll have to go to a workwear shop and have a look at the non metallic boots they got.. I've always used Redback steel caps for work. didn't think to look at them in the non metallic boot... just looked at the Bunnings site and it says The Rockies are a special order in... I'll check em out Mondays
once again guys thank you, you have confused me even more :Y: :D :lol:

Steel cap work boots from big w. Keeping my feet away from the coil teaches me to walk slower.

My Caterpillar work boots failed a few weeks ago with the sole falling off so I picked up a pair of Rossi boots in mount magnet hardware. So far can not fault them and will for sure get another pair if they ever wear out.

I wear steel caps. They are great because i can test my pin pointer and detector are working by waving them over my toes lol.

I havnt had an issue with them interfering with my detecting either, even though they are size 14 hahah

1525430145_images_36.jpg

Have a look at "Airport Friendly" Boots from your local safety Shop.

Google Totally Workwear Wolverine Tarmac, I tried posting the link but still trying to get my 10 posts up.

Cheers Graeme

Latest posts