Boots for Prospecting, Hiking, Detecting information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1555503094_screenshot_20190417-221041.jpg

Anyone Wear Oliver AT Boots For Prospecting?
Are they good? Thinking of getting a pair for out in the bush. Some people said they were extremely comfortable but after reading some reviews online they got some negative feedback

Yep had them for years. Love them. Great ankle support and comfortable. Plus hard wearing especially when you do a lot of scraping the ground with your boot instead of using the pick lol.

I been wearing Oliver AT's For 15 odd years, apart from a 2 month spell when I tried another brand, the cap chewed the top of one of my toes down to the bone. About to buy another pair of AT's. For me, I normally get around 18 months to 2 years out of a pair. I wear them work and play, 7 days. They are the only shoes/boots I wear. Ankle support, hard wearing, plastic caps, waterproof and so so comfy.

VicGoldHunter said:
Are they good? Thinking of getting a pair for out in the bush. Some people said they were extremely comfortable but after reading some reviews online they got some negative feedback

Very few products get favorable reviews on the internet, only the horror stories or whingers can be bothered.
The other silent 99.9% are out there enjoying their purchases.
There are a few exceptions, [think jeep, Holden & Ford warranty claims etc], but not many.

Redfin said:
VicGoldHunter said:

Very few products get favorable reviews on the internet, only the horror stories or whingers can be bothered.
The other silent 99.9% are out there enjoying their purchases.
There are a few exceptions, [think jeep, Holden & Ford warranty claims etc], but not many.

That is so true never thought of it like that

Worn oliver steel caps for years and years ....I was looking at these Ats the other day and thought I might get a pair of those. :perfect: :Y:

Use the search icon top left and type in Oliver boots and you'll get all the info you wished for.

Nice looking boot but jeez they are expensive .
Tried a couple of weeks ago to find the non metalic AT 45-632 lace up boot the one with out the side zip ..seen them on line and they retail for around $165 didnt order because I want to try them on before i bought a pair just in case I ordered the wrong size..
Another problem for me is the stores I did contact near me did not have the boot I was after..
I also like the Redback Terra combat boots but again, I wasn't going to order a pair on line as they use mondopoint size system which makes ordering the correct size a bit of a guessing game..
For the moment im on the fence with buying a pair of boots till I can physically try them on before spending the $$$

What ever boot your wearing now, just use that size. I order mine online, the first time was worried as well. There sizing is by Oz standards not Chinese

Will probably call up the stores near by this week and see if they have the boots I m after in stock and go in and try them on for size..
I dont want to spend the cash right now, as I have a lot to pay out over the next few weeks ..
But I could also convince myself to spalsh out on an early birthday gift for my self ..and blow the dust off the credit card.

Yep, sure do.
Got them specifically for detecting about 2.5 years ago and they are brilliant. I got the lace up with no steel in them. Even after a full day detecting I never get sore feet. Expensive but worth the investment.

nucopia said:
Nice looking boot but jeez they are expensive .
Tried a couple of weeks ago to find the non metalic AT 45-632 lace up boot the one with out the side zip ..seen them on line and they retail for around $165 didnt order because I want to try them on before i bought a pair just in case I ordered the wrong size..
Another problem for me is the stores I did contact near me did not have the boot I was after..
I also like the Redback Terra combat boots but again, I wasn't going to order a pair on line as they use mondopoint size system which makes ordering the correct size a bit of a guessing game..
For the moment im on the fence with buying a pair of boots till I can physically try them on before spending the $$$

In exactly the same boat atm, want to try a pair on before ordering online to risky otherwise

Latest posts