Boots for Prospecting, Hiking, Detecting information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my Oliver boots. Full Electrical safe and no metal and even teh zipper tags are non metal but large and good quality.

Not cheep but do the job and I like the comfort in these over others.

But every one has different feet and what may suit one may not suit another.

I need for when on construction sites, but can not have steel or any sort for Electrical and for Detecting reasons.

Just putting this out there. I just bought a pair of Oliver AT size 9. I knew when I tried them on I should have
1557372338_screenshot_2019-05-09-13-18-39.jpg
returned them for a larger size but........ Too much hurry so now after wearing them for an hour I definitely need the next size. Can anyone help me out with the finance minister? I am not too popular! Obviously I will have to take a hit on them. I will post.

Stru said:
if you are happy with shoes rather than boots then kmart has good ones for $25. i bought tso pair 12 months ago and going strong

I often see ones at Big W or Kmart but they never go bigger than Size 12. On the rare chance they have a Size 13 it's usually too small. I struggle with boot sizes. Size 13 Merrells were okay but after I left them out in the sun they must've shrunk and my toe always rubbed.

I bought Oliver AT's in Size 14 and they are too loose, with double tradie socks they are good but only in winter haha. But they are very tough and comfortable

So my motto is, I never buy any clothes or shoes online

We haven't found enough gold to warrant expensive boots - but my $12 Aldi gumboots (nice and flexible) and his cheap Bunnings ones work well when we're not wearing old lace-ups, or when we're panning - to keep the leeches at bay!

PhaseTech said:
Stru said:
if you are happy with shoes rather than boots then kmart has good ones for $25. i bought tso pair 12 months ago and going strong

I often see ones at Big W or Kmart but they never go bigger than Size 12. On the rare chance they have a Size 13 it's usually too small. I struggle with boot sizes. Size 13 Merrells were okay but after I left them out in the sun they must've shrunk and my toe always rubbed.

I bought Oliver AT's in Size 14 and they are too loose, with double tradie socks they are good but only in winter haha. But they are very tough and comfortable

I usually buy mine about 1/2 size too big, and put those 'gel soles' in them. I work as a traffic controller, so I am in them all day every day! and I find it helps, but it may also help you 'shrink' a size Nenad!

PhaseTech said:
Stru said:

The only way I can get my detecting stuff, boots and all, is on line. Too far away from anything. Been doing it for years but this time....

cairnspom said:
PhaseTech said:
Stru said:

I usually buy mine about 1/2 size too big, and put those 'gel soles' in them. I work as a traffic controller, so I am in them all day every day! and I find it helps, but it may also help you 'shrink' a size Nenad!

From my understanding the 1/2 size of footwear is referring to the width not the length the only option for cramped feet is go up one size. Oliver AT's rock imb and are Aussie made :Y: :beer: :trophy:

RM Outback said:
From my understanding the 1/2 size of footwear is referring to the width not the length the only option for cramped feet is go up one size. Oliver AT's rock imb and are Aussie made
Better check the tag on the inside of the tongue. I got onto Oliver thinking I might have purchased fakes ready to rip into the seller but they said they're legit. Still Aussie owned & some styles still made here - not AT's apparently.

mbasko said:
RM Outback said:
From my understanding the 1/2 size of footwear is referring to the width not the length the only option for cramped feet is go up one size. Oliver AT's rock imb and are Aussie made
Better check the tag on the inside of the tongue. I got onto Oliver thinking I might have purchased fakes ready to rip into the seller but they said they're legit. Still Aussie owned & some styles still made here - not AT's apparently.

Rodgee I'll check it when I find them :8 it's been a while since I had a day in them 8.(. The AT's are my boot of choice for prospecting mind you after 8 hours like any footwear I'm ready to get out of them.

PhaseTech said:
SASQUATCH FEET! :lol:

Went in to totally work wear and tried on a pair of Oliver At 45-632 with the zip .... felt really good but dont know if i like the zip...
$180 or full lace up no zip with out the toe cover for $170 none in store but can order them.. for that kind of outlay Im still undecided. :/

Good boots, mine are the lace-ups. Very comfortable. The leather has roughed up a bit as i use my feet to scrape the first 2 inches off rather than get out the pick.

I guess Madtuna that comment was because I posted " richterscale", lol. Bloody computers, It only happens with this site but it automatically posts my forum name every time I start scrolling through the threads. Usually have to log off to view the forum. Lucky this time I had Oliver boots and could edit my post.

Damn! you've edited your post now mine looks stupid. But I have to ask why out of your 66 posts half of them you just write "RichterScale"

You remind me of Timmy off SouthPark.

Edit: just read your response..Thanks now I can sleep at night :Y:

Highly Recommend Oliver AT boots zip up 100%. worn them couple days out all day no pain at all and I have completely flat arches so being comfortable in shoes is hard let alone boots. eBay they were $151

Another vote for the Redback Uboks.
Have been wearing them for years and usually get 3 years or more out of them atleast 6 days a week. Done some big walks in them eg: 27 klms after getting bogged etc. Have slept in them many times.

$85 with free postage.

Latest posts