B5MECH's ATGold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
Onya mate well done...mmmmmm rta...say no more :N: :Y:
Thanks Smoky :cool: :Y: I think there trying to get the lost money back from me :/
It was all a maybe but going for gold again, I was meant to get it back before we go but oh well :lol:
1494588550_dd_001.jpg

Earring stamp 925.....sisae?....

Goldpick said:
I do like the idea of finding silver first up, though unfortunately for me it usually means that's all I will find for the whole session. :|
I know how you feel GP :/ there getting rare here :rolleyes: maybe I should throw some back so I can find them again :lol:
Like a 46 Florin :eek: :lol: :Y:

Thanks guys....I'm always surprised at where the next silver jewellery comes from :cool: :Y:
Off the grid treasure hunting :eek: My first not a sinker :eek: musket ball :rainbow: :party:
1494992741_hillend2_006.jpg

1494992741_hillend2_007.jpg

1494992741_hillend2_008.jpg

1494992852_hillend2_009.jpg

1494992853_hillend2_010.jpg

1494992853_hillend2_011.jpg

1494992853_hillend2_012.jpg

Bottle dump but nothing whole :/ surface dump....I'ts got me buggered how you guys find buried ones and dig them without breaking :eek:

silver said:
Research techniques B5. :Y:
It's a difficult subject to research silver :eek: I think these were just a ..... eyes to the ground theory 8) :lol: :lol: :Y:
Should have looked around a bit further but was running out of time :rolleyes: I'll have to have a further look next time ;) :Y:

Take a blunt rounded end probe with you, and probe any depressions, feeling for the chink of metal on glass ,.... when found, dig and retrieve bottles carefully.
That's gunna be about all you'd find researching anyway ,... maybe look for the tell tale signs of old broken class or crockery, and signs of prior habitation too. ;) ;)
There you go, now your an expert lol. :Y: :D :Y:

Gotta laugh,...i only have 2x Bendigo made cordial bottles, found with a detector while looking for gold on some shallow diggers holes, and both in the one 'ol timers hole beneath a foot of leaf litter and 2-3" of soil coverage. Sooooo glad i didn't put the pic through em lol.

It was such a junky signal i imagine most left it for scrap.... my WIN. They are both from the same factory yet have different designs.
Not been able to find much about them actually...

They rate as part of my 'collection'...

silver said:
Take a blunt rounded end probe with you, and probe any depressions, feeling for the chink of metal on glass ,.... when found, dig and retrieve bottles carefully.
That's gunna be about all you'd find researching anyway ,... maybe look for the tell tale signs of old broken class or crockery, and signs of prior habitation too. ;) ;)
There you go, now your an expert lol. :Y: :D :Y:
:D Maybe silver maybe :D :lol: :Y:
https://au.pinterest.com/pin/332422016230877875/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-GLASS...HIT19TkHq0EiQ3ZVGy4hc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Maybe it's worth weeding through the junk.....the button was the first target to make me have a look around ;)
There's gota be a silver there :eek: :lol:

Looks like a good spot for some older coinage going by what you found, would definitely be worth spending a few more hours there. Any idea what used to be there? :)

Goldpick said:
Looks like a good spot for some older coinage going by what you found, would definitely be worth spending a few more hours there. Any idea what used to be there? :)
A spot in the gold fields GP, super junky detector screaming everywhere spot, I thought it may have been a tip but starting to think the clearing would have been a camp spot or hut site
I've definitively gota walk in the bush further
The bottles were sun bakers and have been overlooked by everyone ;) I'm sure I saw a whole round one but shrugged it off as a wine bottle without even picking it up :rolleyes: :lol:

GypsyGoldAu said:
Sly grog site?...."the traps are coming, Joe, Joe, Joe"...

Frantic rate of burial.... :D
:lol: :lol: They didn't even have time to bury them, just chuck them in the under growth

Latest posts