Swiff with my new detector :P

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver_Fox

Paul
Reaction score
I finally got to play with my Garrett AT Pro International, YAY!
My very first hunt (26th Dec) I pulled up 2 pennies (1st penny selfie image below :p) and about $3 in cash.
1388831424_first_penny_at_pro.jpg

Second hunt (27th Dec) pulled up 3 more pennies, 2 x pennies and a 1947 Florin, I was quite happy with that (although its my 3rd 1947)!
Third hunt (28th Dec) produced 5 pennies, 3 x pennies, a 6 pence and a 3 pence.
I finally got to go onto a Sunshine coast beach. I did 3 hunts (30th Dec, 1st &2nd Jan) totalling around 4 hours. This was my best hunt yet. I pulled $21.45, 2 x monster trucks, a Stirling Silver 925 ring, 18ct gold wedding ring (Peter W Beck 750) along with a pile of trash, oh and I lost my glasses....lol. I was very surprised in how little trash I pulled up, I was expecting a case full of bottle top lids! (Beach hunt score in image below)
Im disappointed now that Im back home in Canberra :(. I really enjoyed beach hunting :). Its so laid back, strolling along the beach checking out the scenery when you get a good signal, dig it (up without effort), easy peasy. Oh and it pays well!
1388831721_beach_score.jpg

I really like the Garrett AT Pro International. First use of it, I did find I was over whelmed by the amount of beeps it did (compared to the Sharp Shooter II it beeps a lot!). Once I figured out roughly what was a good/bad target in standard mode I changed to Pro mode. This mode just give you a much better idea if its junk or not. Example; In Standard mode, a penny gives a nice tone with a reading of around 80, a bottle top sounds and reads exactly the same. Yet, in Pro mode you get a slight noise change allowing you to identify that it is most probably a beer bottle top. I can now (I would say a lot of the time) identify that my target is a beer bottle top. I still dig the target, its only because Im still learning the machine and I dont want to miss that 1930 penny!
I still do dig a lot of trash, but I believe it does a really good job finding desirable target :cool:
SF

Good job silver, I feel your pain with the 47 florins, ive pulled 6 so far :( Cant seem to find a different date florin grrrr.

Ouch, 6, nasty stuff ANGRE7!!
47 and 53 are the ones I keep getting but I have had others! lol
ANGRE7 said:
Good job silver, I feel your pain with the 47 florins, ive pulled 6 so far :( Cant seem to find a different date florin grrrr.

Latest posts