Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black box flight recorder 1950's idea

Spray on skin 1999 :rolleyes:

Polymer bank note 1980's

Cochlear implant 1970's

Winged keel 1980's

Wi-Fi 1992

Plastic spectacle lenses 1960

Inflatable escape slide and raft

Crankless engine 1917

Surely it's gotta be one of these I'm seriously doubting the spray on skin :rolleyes: though.

RM Outback said:
Black box flight recorder 1950's idea

Spray on skin 1999 :rolleyes:

Polymer bank note 1980's

Cochlear implant 1970's

Winged keel 1980's

Wi-Fi 1992

Plastic spectacle lenses 1960

Inflatable escape slide and raft

Crankless engine 1917

Surely it's gotta be one of these I'm seriously doubting the spray on skin :rolleyes: though.

Not even warm :p

The Wine Cask 1965 invented by Thomas Angove of South Australia that's the closest reference to Plonckers I can find. Even though it's more than 3 decade's after the Ute.

I'll pay that one RM :Y:

The answer I was looking for was wine cask. According to wikipeda

"The process for packaging 'cask wine' (box wine) was invented by Thomas Angove of Angove's, a winemaker from Renmark, South Australia, and patented by the company on April 20, 1935.[4] Polyethylene bladders of 1 gallon (4.5 litres) were placed in corrugated boxes for retail sale. The original design required that the consumer cut the corner off the bladder, pour out the serving of wine and then reseal it with a special peg[5] and was based on a product already on the market, which was a bag in a box used by mechanics to hold and transport battery acid.[6]

In 1967, Australian inventor Charles Malpas and Penfolds Wines patented a plastic, air-tight tap welded to a metallised bladder, making storage more convenient. All modern wine casks now use some sort of plastic tap, which is exposed by tearing away a perforated panel on the box. For the next decades bag in a box packaging was primarily preferred by producers of less expensive wines as it is cheaper to fabricate and distribute than glass bottles."

Your turn, I can relax now :lol: :lol:

xcvator said:
I'll pay that one RM :Y:

The answer I was looking for was wine cask. According to wikipeda

"The process for packaging 'cask wine' (box wine) was invented by Thomas Angove of Angove's, a winemaker from Renmark, South Australia, and patented by the company on April 20, 1935.[4] Polyethylene bladders of 1 gallon (4.5 litres) were placed in corrugated boxes for retail sale. The original design required that the consumer cut the corner off the bladder, pour out the serving of wine and then reseal it with a special peg[5] and was based on a product already on the market, which was a bag in a box used by mechanics to hold and transport battery acid.[6]

In 1967, Australian inventor Charles Malpas and Penfolds Wines patented a plastic, air-tight tap welded to a metallised bladder, making storage more convenient. All modern wine casks now use some sort of plastic tap, which is exposed by tearing away a perforated panel on the box. For the next decades bag in a box packaging was primarily preferred by producers of less expensive wines as it is cheaper to fabricate and distribute than glass bottles."

Your turn, I can relax now :lol: :lol:

You shouldn't believe everything you read on Wikipedia, the wine cask as we know it was invented by Thomas Angove in 1965 and had its fiftieth birthday in 2015. :D :D :D

No sorry not gold as in the year of payable gold finds however it does involve gold and Charles Latrobe isn't involved to my knowledge.

The event consisted of thousands of ounces of gold.