Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the very first day of the new century, January 1st 1901, the Commonwealth of Australia was proclaimed in Sydney's Centennial Park, by the first Governor General. Who was he?

Thanks Con, This one might be different
What am I? Where did I first settle?
I migrated to Australia in the 1864, where I settled was established in 1861, The largest settlement in the southern hemisphere.
These days I am spread worldwide and can be found almost anywhere
I migrated for sport, but since have become a major industry and not just for sport
My sport is considered an art in itself and has frustrated and angered many a person

The settlement seems to date to 1861
I did see a 1851 involving something similar but was not the migration.
Settlement is a iffy word but the correct word would be obvious
:D

Maybe Trout or wabbits?
Trout was released/settled at Riddells creek I believe so that's probably wrong- Maybe Hobart?

Just guessing really LOL

GT :)

goldtruck59 said:
Maybe Trout or wabbits?
Trout was released/settled at Riddells creek I believe so that's probably wrong- Maybe Hobart?

Just guessing really LOL

Which one? :lol:

You win GT Brown trout, first hatch at the Salmon Ponds on the Plenty river hatchery in Tasmania. 300 surviving eggs started the whole brown trout spices in Australia
I think would be interesting area for treasure hunting :)

aahh hullo...is anybody there...hullo..must of gone on a gold trip..not sure if thats the mineral variety or the mushroom one...hehe...hullo..

Rockhunter62 said:
Hey goldtruck59,

This must be going to be a ripper of a question if it has you researching for this long. Bring on the question.

Cheers :)

Doug

sorry doug and team !!! At least there is a question up now, sorry !!! was in hospital for a week and then the Gold Bash which I had to bail as I was too crook.

Latest posts