Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no flies on you Chris...yeah easy peasy one ..not well thought out by me as i inherited the throne ...briefly :p Go for it mate.

Thanks Reefer,

Why don't you have another go, as I will be out of service tomorrow at Oallen having a birthday dig, and for the rest of the week I'll be on the road working in Sydney, so my ability to monitor the forum will be limited.

Regards

Doc.

oh..this might be my best week on here. :p thanks Chris.... i'll be back when i figure one out. :cool:

'The night too quickly passes
And we are growing old'...are words from what by whom?.... :cool:

Balmain Bob said:
+Well done Magilla

The secret ballot was introduced for the first time into South Australia and Victoria in 1856 and to the rest of Australia or the colonies as it was then by 1895. The system spread to Europe and the US

http://www.britannica.com/topic/Australian-ballot

Over to you Magilla

Can't really take the credit for this one, we have our son and family here for a couple of weeks so I put the question to him. He has an IQ in the stratosphere, took him about 30 seconds to find the answer. He also stated that it was in fact Tasmania that had the secret vote before any mainland states, something that some history books have wrong.

Finding a question is getting very hard.

How about an early Australian settlement where all that remains are a few headstones and some old cannons?

The Scottish explorer was the Police Magistrate and Gold Commissioner for Rockhampton at one time.

Latest posts