Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've already been there Doug.. i was sure i had it...but alas..tis an animal :rolleyes:

what about the 'wooly butted red faced shellharbour WOMBAT.. I'M sure you've met one Doug :p hehe

Yes you've got it.

"The Flabbit was first photographed at Colo in 1985 by Roy Rotherham from Kurrajong NSW Australia. They are described as simply a rabbit like creature with wings. Many reports were received from local residents having seen the creatures. They were described as comparable a platypus in their intrigue. Two specimens were collected and died in captivity. They were preserved by taxidermist, Allan Green, and exhibited at the Australian Museum thence at various locations around NSW. The specimens now reside in a private museum in Bathurst NSW.

"The discovery of Sydneys flying rabbit removed murder and mayhem from the front pages of Sydney papers and appeared as the lead story on the current affairs program hosted by Mike Willisee, who went on to call it one of his stories of the year.

It was a great hoax that had Mike Willisee and a few other people looking very foolish.
1456696200_phpsddvvm.jpg

Over to you Tathrajd

I was born in Victoria, Moved to Tasmania and drilled in Claremont.
I served my country well with Honor and courage.
I did not take well to delay's which in the end was my demise.
Who am I. ?

Percy Cherry?

Sounds like a tough young fella. Captain at 21 and a veteran of Gallipoli, the Somme, the western front and more. Wow.

GT :)

What am I called and where am I ?

I am 198 kms long approx and man made. I am a shortcut. I have a money tree at my half way point.

easy one for anyone that's been there

GT :)

Latest posts