Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a good display in the Albany museum about Deeming, with the information supplied it would be hard to believe that Deeming was not Jack the Ripper.

Some people believe that Australia was visited about 3000 years ago by this race of people and that they left evidence to prove this by the way of carvings chiseled into rock.

Who was the civilization ?

What is the evidence and where is it located.

Yes DrDuck thats it.
Some people believe that they are real, but when you look into them further its clear that they have been faked.
I saw a show recently where Sir Tony Robinson was taken to see them by a person who had him convinced that they were real.

There is plenty of stuff online about them.

http://www.unexplainedaustralia.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.80

When I get some spare time and Im going to go up to Gosford and have a look for myself.

Over to you Doc

Thanks Bob

That was just one of those questions I knew the answer to right away. I'm not sure if we have had it before some time ago, but could not find it with a forum search.

I'll have to be back later with a question.

Sorry guys, I'm going to be away from the forum for a few days, and won't be able to monitor answers. If you don't want to wait, how about someone else taking it up and asking a question for me?

To keep this site moving along. I will post a new question. ( I believe that I have the correct answer to Ramjets question)

This animal was reportedly discovered in the 1980's in the bush to the west of Sydney

At the time it received mass media coverage

What am I?

hmm i seem to remember the Wollemai Pine was found in that area. If that's the one you have in mind i think it was found in the Wollemai National Park, by a bloke called Noble or Nobles. I recall that it was a complete rarity when first found and that it was classified with its own genus name of Wollemia, as it is infact not a pine but related to Araucaria a native conifer...and the species was named after Mr noble...hence Wollemia nobilis.

no not the mythical tiger/ panther that is alleged to roam the bush. Though the bloke that first reported seeing the Lithgow panther was involved in the discovery of this animal.

aahhh.... would it be the discovery of rock art depicting a thylacine? :p EH :p YEAH?... :p ;)

Latest posts