Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry Magilla I have no clues mate except animals LOL
Still looking !!!
GT :)

PS Kennedy and Newton?

These guys were household names when I was a kid in the 60's, their show always finished with a one liner. They were based in Sydney and their show finished in the early seventies.

Near enough Bob, was actually looking for Handy Andy and Joe the gadget man. The show had a huge following in Sydney, there are still a few clips on youtube showing some of the bloopers. They always finished the show with, "and remember, bring your money with you".

Balmain Bob said:
I dont remember Handy Andy. I remember seeing Joe in person out at Bankstown Square Nock and Kirbys one saturday morning in the 70s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttRj3TJMrdM

That is a 1982 advert and you can buy all three items much cheaper today.

Joe the gadget man (Joe Sandow) had his own show for years before he linked up with Handy Andy.

I had a mate when I was about 12 and his father worked at the Sydney Nock and Kirby store. We caught the train into Sydney one day ( kids could do that back then) and were introduced to Handy Andy by my mates father, thought it was a big deal at the time.

Magilla said:
Balmain Bob said:
I dont remember Handy Andy. I remember seeing Joe in person out at Bankstown Square Nock and Kirbys one saturday morning in the 70s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttRj3TJMrdM

That is a 1982 advert and you can buy all three items much cheaper today.

Joe the gadget man (Joe Sandow) had his own show for years before he linked up with Handy Andy.

I had a mate when I was about 12 and his father worked at the Sydney Nock and Kirby store. We caught the train into Sydney one day ( kids could do that back then) and were introduced to Handy Andy by my mates father, thought it was a big deal at the time.

Good question Magilla,

Definitely a Sydney based one though. I lived all through the period you mentioned and never heard of any of it. !!! Doesn't mean at some stage it didn't get beamed into Melb .!! learn every day. You probably never heard of Dave and Mabel and or Zig and Zag !!!
Happy Days

1454838712_ujbob.jpg

Zig and Zag mate !!! My heros when I was a kid !!

On reading Bob's question, my first thought was Joe the Gadget Man, who I remember watching with great interest as a kid back in the 60's, as he advertised various stuff you could get at Knock and Kirby's. I still have a nice little adjustable wrench (Swedish) that I bought from Knock and Kirby's in the early 70's. However, I had completely forgotten the show he did with Handy Andy on Saturday mornings. By memory (which may be unreliable), the show as on right before the Wrestling, which was popular with kids back then.

Ok here is the next question

This invention in the last part of the 20th century enabled the Aussies to do this to the USA.

What was the invention ?

Who invented it ?

What did it enable us to do the the Americans?

Its a fairly easy question.

Yes Mate you have it

Ben Lexen and the the winged keel that took the Americas Cup off the Yanks after 132 years

I knew that would be an easy one for this group

Over to you

Latest posts