Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrDuck said:
Another question for the cricket enthusiasts. I was an Australian bowler, and I achieved something no other bowler has in first class cricket, under unusual circumstances!

Greg Chappell instructing little brother Trevor to bowl underarm

Not Matthews, a number of cricketers have got two hat tricks in a match!

And not GC, as he was not a bowler (well he did bowl a bit of part time spin). The achievement is a legitimate one, not an act of bastardry.

That bloke who averaged 112? He was a bowler, but consistently scored high runs in the 4 or so tests he played for Australia in.
Cant remember his name, but he died just before WW1 1913 or 14 in his early 40,s.

Ok, just saw the previous post, I think i was thinking of Trott! LOL, obviously not him.

DrDuck

Was it that Merv Hughes took 3 wickets in 3 different overs to score a hat trick in the 1988 Perth test against the west indies?

ps://www.quora.com/A-bowler-takes-three-wickets-in-three-different-overs-and-it-was-a-hat-trick-How-did-this-happen

geez pipped at the post. Didn't refresh the page when I was looking for clues !!!! LOL
Well done Bob

GT :)

Latest posts