Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bob

I am after this persons character name

! was in an Australian produced drama series. I was a Mr fix it, man servant.

GT :)

Sorry Magilla not McGooley mate. A little later.
Another clue.
There were 3 brothers in the series all of the same profession.

No mate. Its an Australian drama series based in Melbourne. The man servant was a trouble shooter and hatchet man also.

Hmmm, it could be the notorious Kane Brothers, who featured in Underbelly Tale of Two Cities. But I don't know the story well enough to identify the hatchet man. There were plenty. Vinnie Mikkelsen or Christopher Dale Flannery?

sorry doc wrong again.
This series had at least 60 x 1 hour episodes. It was run on prime time , Australia wide for a few years.
another clue
The father was also the same profession as the 3 sons. The man servant ( the character we are after) served only the father.

Gt
I spent 4 hours this morning looking for this. How about a decade it was in? The closest I came to 3 brothers was the Man from Snowy River TV series The Mcgreors, but couldn't find a hatchet man. Janus only had 2 brothers who were crims.

The good thing out of this was that i did learn about heaps of Aussie shows that I had forgotten about or didn't know about.

DrDuck said:
Mate, I've got nothing. I never really watched TV drama series, so nothing comes readily to mind. Surely someone watched that show and remembers a father and three sons?

hey doc there was also a daughter!!! it was set in the 1920's.

Balmain Bob said:
Gt
I spent 4 hours this morning looking for this. How about a decade it was in? The closest I came to 3 brothers was the Man from Snowy River TV series The Mcgreors, but couldn't find a hatchet man. Janus only had 2 brothers who were crims.

The good thing out of this was that i did learn about heaps of Aussie shows that I had forgotten about or didn't know about.

Hey Bob

I have spent many hours pondering your questions at times.!!!
Once you know the answer you will go "Shite !!" I watched that.
It was on TV at the same time as the Sullivans.

well done Doc
Great show it was too. Gerard was a Mr fix it man servant to Godfrey Carson. Many underhanded escapades. They were all Lawyers.
Lorraine Bailey who was Mrs Sullivan on the Sullivans defected across to Carson's law and became a key player n the drama.
Over to you mate

1454534398_gerard.jpg

Gerard Kent

Well worded question GT. Sorry for the delay in posting a question, but I've been on the road today.

Let's stay with the theme. I'm thinking of another drama series that was top rated in the day. It also had over 60 episodes, but the producers had a dilemma when the bad guy became more popular than the star.

Good thinking, Bob, but no cigar.

I think Prisoner had more episodes than that, but the series I'm thinking about was made in the 60's, and while very popular back then, is little known today.

Latest posts