Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Hunter was the show, and a very good one it was too. I remember seeing the repeats, and have a vague memory of the original series. I think the last repeat was in 1974. While the show was based in Melbourne, one of the episodes was set in Sydney and filmed around and in one of my Grandfather's pubs, the Harbour View. My next clue was going to be Gerard's first name and the link to the hatchet man in Carson's Law that was the subject of GT's last question.

This was the spiel at the beginning of the show:

"This man wears no uniform
He has no rank
His name is often not his own
The law offers him no special protection, no exemption
If necessary, his own country will deny his existence
He is part commando, part detective, part spy
He is... HUNTER."

Lots of info here

http://www.classicaustraliantv.com/Hunter.htm

Over to you.

Thanks DrDuck

I am after then name of a tv series that was filmed around a well known gold town. There was only one series of this show produced.

It had nothing to do with gold mining or prospecting.

Balmain Bob said:
Sorry Magila,
It s not Rush. That was a great show and I love the theme from it. Have you seen the Olden Days? A re interpretation of Rush as done by the D Gen crew in the 90's? Here is the link to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI2GWhtBXaQ

The show Im after was from the 70s

cheers

Bob

No Bob, I haven't seen the Olden Days. I never watched Rush either but I vaguely remember it was set back in the 1800's in an inland town, could be wrong though, it was a while ago.

Another guess, could it be Ben Hall?

Against The Wind. ?

Balmain Bob said:
Thanks DrDuck

I am after then name of a tv series that was filmed around a well known gold town. There was only one series of this show produced.

It had nothing to do with gold mining or prospecting.

No Mate ,
Not Against the Wind but in a similar vein to that series. That was a great mini series , I have it on dvd an watch it every so often. It is really sad to know that where the Battle of Vingar Hill took place, that was depicted in that show, and is as of as much historical significance to the early colonization of this counrty as the Erueka Stockade is , is now located under a shopping centre.

The location where this show was filmed is further west from Sydney.

The show aired on the ABC in the 70's. It was a BBC ABC co production.

It never came up on any of the media history sites, only found it with your Sofala link.

I am looking for a well known advertising duo, they worked for a large retail store. Household names in their day.

No GT, not Zig and Zag or Bib and Bub.

These guys did work well together, the store closed many years ago.

Latest posts