Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. It is seriously a cracker of a film. I have watched it many times and remember seeing it when it came out at the cinema.
My DVD gets a workout every now and then. His wife and sister deserve a fair bit of credit too and how's all their stuff laid out on the front lawn before they went !!! No mod cons there I can tell you.
Be back with a question soon.
GT

Yeah GT, I have just been out in the shed finishing off another batch of my crevicing devices and I put it on for a bit of background as I did the boring assembly work, now I'll have that bloody tune in my head for the next week!

The Peacekeeper

Ok see how this question goes.

What am I

Clue 1

I am the second largest of my kind in Australia. In fact I am pretty big !!
Parts of me get a workout in the movies and sci fi sets and other parts of me are on most peoples bucket lists to see.
These two highlights are however far apart.
To my west I can smell salt air.

goldtruck59 said:
SCROUNGER said:
Great Sandy Desert goldtruck?

well done scrounger and quick. good work all yours mate :)
GT
Oh, bummer, i didn't think i would get it mate. I'm way out of my league when it comes to you and the others on this thread. I'd be more than happy to forfeit mate and let you go again if that's OK?
Plus i'm heading overseas day after tomorrow so i don't want to be dragging my feet and spoiling this great thread.
Please go again with another question goldtruck. :)

Who am I

Clue 1

I was a dreamer, erratic but clever. I lost my temper easily and did so often.
When I was a boy I loved trains and wished them as a career.
I changed tact as I grew and eventually was commissioned and worked for a man that was as big a dreamer as myself.
We are both now deceased but together created history.

Good luck
GT

If i'm correct i don't want my go goldtruck, happy for you to keep going, but for some reason i think it might be Ben Lexen and Allan Bond?

goldtruck59 said:
you need to go to bed. Im done
Someone else please. :)
Sorry for keeping you up late last night mate, i'll leave you alone now :lol: But was my guess right or wrong? :lol: Have a great day goldtruck. :)

it was right dude. Thats what stumped me. You say your out and then you answer the question Again !!
As it turned out you did me a favour as I have just spent the last bloody 2 days in the cardiac ward at the RMH.
All good and just got home. should be a law against misbehaving hearts going out of rhythm. What an electric shock !! Got two burn marks on me the size of irons. LOL
lets have a cracker question Scrounger
Next time I wont be as easy on ya with easy questions. !!
GT 8)

I believe Scrounger is sunning himself in Hawaii for a few more days yet so if it's ok I will pick up the baton with a question to keep the ball rolling :)

Q : I was born the son of a Ballarat gold miner however I achieved many great things far away
My nickname reflected my looks

Would any of you guys know or have any info on Warwick QLD I can't seem to find much?

Bacchus said:
I believe Scrounger is sunning himself in Hawaii for a few more days yet so if it's ok I will pick up the baton with a question to keep the ball rolling :)

Q : I was born the son of a Ballarat gold miner however I achieved many great things far away

sounds good to me mate. go for it.

Clue : During a fierce battle in WW1 of the 22 officers in my brigade I was the only one not to become a casualty

Bacchus said:

Clue : During a fierce battle in WW1 of the 22 officers in my brigade I was the only one not to become a casualty

Clue: A school teacher by trade I was the leader of a pack of rats but we defeated a fox

G'day Bacchus, The answer is Lieutenant General Sir Leslie James Morshead KCB, KBE, CMG, DSO, ED, better known as Ming the Merciless to the troops due to his tough no bullshit approach to command.

The Peacekeeper.

Peacekeeper1966 said:
G'day Bacchus, The answer is Lieutenant General Sir Leslie James Morshead KCB, KBE, CMG, DSO, ED, better known as Ming the Merciless to the troops due to his tough no bullshit approach to command.

The Peacekeeper.

Well done Peacekeeper , Ming it was , Funny the things you remember as a child , I can remember sitting on my Pop's knee as a youngster him telling me stories of the siege of Tobruk , he was besieged for 8 months whilst serving in the 9th division. ( the rats of Tobruk ) Rommel of course being the Desert Fox

Ming was loved by his men , Old Pop in his gentlemanly way said " A finer man God has never put breath into "

Great Quote. : when it was said that the "Aussies could take it " in Tobruk Ming replied " we're not here to take it were here to give it "

1447777057_image.jpg

Cheers and your question

Latest posts