Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good one mate. Its been awhile since I have had a schooner in the am. Geez I struggle having one in the arvo these days.
Good to see you back on the History Channel. Be worth tuning in again !!
GT :)

Wasn't Conner was it. :D

DrDuck said:
Not as good as the Duck's question, but here goes.

So, Clue number 1

I was lost in the bush for 7 months before being reunited with my family.

Who am I,
1449710815_famous.jpg

Sorry,
No. :)
Along the same lines
The things I wear to see you
Are maybe the best clue
For up amongst the sky so blue
My life it went past due

Its Norman Brearley

Brearley was born in Geelong, Victoria in 1890, but was brought to WA by his parents in 1906. He was inspired by the Boxkite flight by J.J. Hammond in 1911 and at the outbreak of World War I, he left for Britain to become a pilot in the Royal Flying Corps. His RFC / RAF career was distinguished, winning a DSO and MC, and being wounded once.

http://www.raafawa.org.au/museum/wa-aviation-history/west-australian-airways

cheers

Bob

Thanks Tathradj

I came across his story a couple of months ago while trying to find the answer to another question on here. I remembered seeing his photo.

Back with a question shortly

What am I

Clue one

I am remotely located in Outback Australia. My namesake was a well read scholar, cantankerous and would fly off the handle and shoot his pistol at the drop of a hat.
He began is time in Australia in the mid 19th century in Qld and NSW working with the railways.

clue 3

I am a special place for a couple of reasons.
The first because of a natural phenomena that put me on the world map in the mid 1990's.
GT

clue 4

For those out there in detector land having a go at this question, l'll keep it moving with clues.
This one should give it away.

I hit the news after cyclone bobby and the whole world was amazed at what took place within me.

GT

Latest posts