Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ta Bacchus,

You are very privileged to have been able to hear you Pop's first hand account of his experiences of the Siege of Tobruk. And just quietly, I reckon you would be real proud of the man too.

Whilst I'm getting dinner on I will sort out the next Q? and then post.

Regards,

The Peacekeeper

OK, here we go:

1. I am the second youngest of three sons and I am still very much alive today.

2. I went to Melbourne Grammar and grew up between Toorak and a small family property near Flowerdale north of Melbourne and my brothers and I loved tearing around the bush on an old Ariel motorbike.

3. As a young fella, I was not overly motivated as an academic and prefered mechanical things and tinkering with engines, electrics and bikes.

The Peacekeeper

A few more clues:

4. During my last year of school, my mother died as a result of faulty medical equipment and negligent staff not monitoring the same equipment.

5. As a result of this tragic event, I was motivated to do well at school which I believed would have made my mother proud of me. I was not a bright student but, I worked hard day and night and finished in the top 5% of students in the state.

6. In 1982 I was appointed as one of the three military Aides-de-Camp to the Governor General Sir Zelman Cowen.

The Peacekeeper

My apologies folks, I have had little time to scratch this week and we lost another comrade and mate last weekend in a tragic accident so, I have been somewhat distracted.

Here are a few more clues:

7. I served in the Sinai as part of the Multinational Force and Observers keeping the peace between Israel & Egypt.

8. After 11 years of waiting, my posting to fly F-111's ended within 20 minutes of it starting after 2 instructors for my course resigned to fly commercially.

9. After a successful 11 year career with the RAAF I resigned, married and started in commercial aviation in 1986 training to fly Boeing 747 Classic aircraft.

The Peacekeeper

My apologies for being absent lads and lasses, as I mentioned above we layed a comrade to rest earlier this week after he sacrificed himself to save another.

Well done numpty and yes nicko61, the ADC clue was good info. I was privileged enough to get an invite to Capt. de Crespigny's lecture on the QF 32 incident/leadership in crisis, managed to take a few wisdoms away with me that day.

He's not that well known but nonetheless, a worthy man who managed to avert a major catastrophe and save 469 souls by remaining composed, applying knowledge, skill & drills as well as no small measure of fortitude and mettle.

Thank you numpty, you have the floor.

The Peacekeeper.

no apologies needed at all Peacekeeper.

would anyone else like to post something?, im really not too good at this type of thing.

Good question duck, I like the less known and sometimes unsung worthys and extraordinary people who have achieved great things or set fine examples for the rest of humanity.

The Peacekeeper.

Jay44 said:
Would any of you guys know or have any info on Warwick QLD I can't seem to find much?

Yeah mate did have some, they have opened up more forest at Warwick I will see if I can find it, will get back to you.

Len

cecc said:
Jay44 said:
Would any of you guys know or have any info on Warwick QLD I can't seem to find much?

Yeah mate did have some, they have opened up more forest at Warwick I will see if I can find it, will get back to you.

Len

Ok jay44 here is some info. On Thanes Creek
https://publications.qld.gov.au/storage/f/2014-04-15T01:39:11.508Z/thanes-creek-fossicking-area.pdf

https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/fossicking/south-east/thanes-creek/

https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/fossicking/south-east/talgai-forest/

https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/fossicking/south-east/durikai-forest/

The other report I will try and find and post that too.

Len

love the new avatar doc !! glad you are enjoying a frothy. Is that your karaoke pub in Goulbourn? or your private pool room. LOL
GT :lol:

Thanks, GT,

Actually, that is morning tea at the Nerriga Pub!

Jannine went in the Nowra Mud Muster with a friend whose husband is the publican at the North Nowra Tavern. So we went there after the run, and J. had a fair bit of cheap Champers, and was very second hand the next morning.

On the way back to Goulburn we stopped at Nerriga for morning tea. A schooner for me, and a coke and packet of chips for J. who was starting to come good by that time!

Latest posts