Another new member - Brisbane

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Rob. Last week a friend and myself got onto a Garrett pan set and took off up to Warwick for a little gold hunting.
First pan uncovered a tiny little spec of gold! That however, was the only gold we found! (But I got the bug!)
Fast forward a week and after a little research I've got myself a new GPX5000 from Brisbane gold!
I have very little knowledge using a detector but currently watching good old YouTube for pointers and tips!
No doubt I'll run into some of you out in the field, I look forward to meeting you!
hopefully I can uncover a 'retirement' nugget before I get bored with it!
If anyone around the north side of brissy has a GPX5000 and some spare time to show a Noob how to use it, Feel free to flick me a PM. I'm pretty keen to learn!!
Thanks
Rob

Hey Rusty.
Welcome to PA, the best forum about our hobby/obsession.
I have only been out 2 times and have a only dozen specks of gold to show for it.
I am hooked :)
Good luck with your future adventures

Cheers

Ramjet

Welcome to the forum Rob. You've certainly jumped into the deep end of the pool with the purchase of a 5000. The machine will serve you well, and give you the upper hand in locating those elusive nuggets.

Hope the forum helps in gaining valuable information on techniques and locations. Best of luck out there mate.

Cheers Wal.

Welcome rob well you have the right tool now you just need to find it thats the hard part get as many books as you can but find out where gold comes from and how it gets to where we find it
This information will serve you well

Latest posts