Another newbie from Canberra.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone
New to the hobby and to the forum. From Canberra.
I’ve gotten out the last few weeks, mostly camping at Oallen Ford. Panning crevices and what I think are good low pressure spots, I’m wrong most of the time. I’ve just got myself a sluice, which has been a lot of fun setting up and trying for the first time.
Hopefully I can learn a lot from the information on here and meet some of you along the way.
There is so much information out there and a so much to learn. But worth it when you see those little specs!
I’m enjoying the studying and investigating new spots almost as much as the gold finding…almost.
Hopefully more gold in the future.
Cheers
Chris

Hey Chris,

In a similar boat to yourself, got a little bit of gear (gm1000, pans, classifiers, sniping gear) and enjoy prospecting with others over solo adventuring, so always keen to meet up and give it a crack with others! If you are keen, let me know!

Yeah mate. Can do. Most of my trips away are during the week. Might head somewhere next week

Usual I have the weekends at home with the fam

Yeah mate. Can do. Most of my trips away are during the week. Might head somewhere next week

Usual I have the weekends at home with the fam
Awesome, that works well for me, i work shift work so have week days 4 at a time on a rotating roster, plenty of week days to fill!

Lol well that’s great I’ve been looking at doing a similar thing . My name is Chris lol I have to buy a pan first think I’ll get a set that allows straining to smaller sizes . So I’m here and will go to this spot cheers Chris

Latest posts