⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first outing last weekend after around 8 weeks of hibernation. Caught up with old mates mardymoose, Dig'n-it, dam it and Patrick1 at a new spot near Maldon. Joined also by new friends Chuky boy and narra. As usual, dam it cleaned up with his SDC vacuum! A few of us also found some small bits there, but generally disappointing results. Dinner that night was at Tarnagulla Pub which is a ripper meal and chats with the locals. Was only marred by Dig'n-it clipping a roo on the way there. Whilst the roo leapt off into the bush, it left the Jeep with a slightly dented front end.
As most only had day passes, I had a swing with Chuky boy at Dunolly and Maryborough on Sunday and we each scored a few more - my tally was 1.45g all up.
In summary, a fun weekend although not much yella.
I did learn how to detect with a Titanium knee - takes a bit of care and getting used to with a GPX - just keep the coil >1&1/2 ft in front of the boot with tracking on fixed.
I think a Zed will be out though - pity:(
1470611987_image_a.jpg

Ok after my little hissy fit the other week about all the little nuggys :eek: I know I know it was a bit selfish when there is other diggers that are after there 1st nuggy .
So here is some inspiration to keep looking :D :D
16 July Whroo
1470644042_16jul16whroo.jpg

23 July Whroo
1470644139_23jul16whroo.jpg

24 July Whroo
1470644367_24jul16whroo.jpg

30-31 July Whroo
1470644465_30jul16whroo.jpg

1470644560_31jul16whroo.jpg

7 Aug Whroo 3 hours Sunday morning :D
1470644660_7aug16whroo.jpg

There is still chite loads out there :D so keep looking .

dam it said:
What a great day it was at Maldon Saturday :D
Caught up with BigWave , Dig,n-it , chucky boy Martymouse , Patrick , narra .
Always great to see Mates and meet a few new diggers :) Was a nice day the sun was out and NO rain
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6727/1470624623_maldon_2.jpg
Got few others as well pics wont go work for me on this comm :mad:

Well done. don't get too used to the sunshine there's more rain coming your way. I think I'm over er winter.

Well done fellas spueing I couldn't be there great to see some color and a bunch of people meeting up and having fun next time maybe.

dam it gave me this recently found specie last weekend at our Maldon meet as he knows how I love them (and he finds many - as does Chuky boy it seems). Only 0.8cm on it's longest side, but I consider these to be way more pleasing than clean gold nuggets. Visualise its creation over the eons of minerals coming out of solution in super-heated, high pressure & acidic thermal vents. Thanks dam it - I'll return the favour.
1470730475_paul_s_speccie_pressie.jpg

1470730507_paul_s_speccie_pressie_-_1.jpg

1470730599_paul_s_speccie_pressie_-_2.jpg

1470730623_paul_s_speccie_pressie_-_3.jpg

Latest posts