⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find Dig'n it. Would love one like that. I got out for the first time in a while also. Got about 50 tinys that don't even come close to that weight.

Shit I can't count. Only got 46 the only reason I left cause was I thought I had my 50 even thought I got a couple extra just in case last trip I got 46 too so wanted to beat that but not to be. :8

Nice nugget.

What's running inverted got to do with it? It might grab your attention slightly more on a deep low-high target but that nug at 12 inches should have been a solid signal either inverted or not.

Yeah can't count Missus got 53 so I'm going with that. Love to be able to show some bigger bits but
1469954384_image.jpg

It doesn't matter Bjay, you got plenty of gold there :D
Did you find all that over the weekend?

Thanks all.
Heatho ....... Not absolutely sure what inverted has to do with it. Old Hand recommended it. He uses it and finds it helps. Thought I'd give it a go.
Bjay ....... that is a great hall. You must have been busy. Great work.

Gotta spend a bit more time with the 5000 looking for a bigger bit but its hard when ya can always rely on the sdc. Was pretty messy in the wet clay and a number of times the target disappeared only to be found after a bit of head scratching stuck to the pick

Bjay said:
Gotta spend a bit more time with the 5000 looking for a bigger bit but its hard when ya can always rely on the sdc. Was pretty messy in the wet clay and a number of times the target disappeared only to be found after a bit of head scratching stuck to the pick
Know what you mean Bjay. Went to work along an edge of a surfaced area yesterday where there was a lot of wet clay. After a couple of digs I soon moved up the slope to a dryer gravelier ground. Couldn't handle everything sticking to itself, the pick and hands. Will save the surfaced area for when it is drier.

Dig'n-it said:
After a bit of a dry patch over the wet winter I finally had some success on Saturday near Talbot VIC and found my personal best. A 7.3g. The 7.32 doesn't include the 50c coin. Have been waiting the day to show a nugget on 50c. It was about 12 inches down under a tree root. Was using a 4500 with new 15" spoked Evo mono. From memory I was using Deep, Enhanced, Manual Tune 80, Quiet Audio, RX about 9 & Stab 8, Target Audio 12, Signal 17, Inverted.
Big thanks to PA member Old Hand who suggested trying Inverted.
I picked out as much of the mud and iron stone I could with a pin, polished it with a bit of metal polish, and gave it a wash and scrub with a tooth brush in soapy water. It could do with a soak in Ali Brite, but is good as is.
Very happy! :D :p
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5167/1469937429_image.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5167/1469936870_image.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5167/1469936871_image.jpeg
Well done young fella, couldn't go to a more dedicated swinger who puts in some serious time in the bush. Lovely piece mate, keep em coming.

Latest posts