⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dig'n-it. Make sure that you post your nug in the August FOM. According to the rules: "Items found on the last day of the month can be entered in the following month's comp".

Bjay said:
Gotta spend a bit more time with the 5000 looking for a bigger bit but its hard when ya can always rely on the sdc. Was pretty messy in the wet clay and a number of times the target disappeared only to be found after a bit of head scratching stuck to the pick
Surely the SDC would pick up the bigger bits if they were there ? Assuming they arent 2 foot deep ?

For sure it will and has done so( look up biggest piece with sdc) but generally not a machine that you look in all areas, you've got to refine your search to get the most out of it . I've learnt a lot in the last few months about going lowww and even slowwwwer.

Scrounger would flog me . That was my last spot I knew that produced well so gotta start looking for more. Probly still a little there but next trip won't be the same 8.(

Great stuff Dig'n-it, love seeing bigger bits still coming out of Talbot, the first big bit is always the biggest buzz, I still get a buzz no matter what size the piece is. Keep up the good work,

If any one knows a large area in the Yarra valley I can try decting or panning that would be great. I'm not trying to find your best spot I just am looking for a river or a location where I can try if any one has some surgestions please pm them to me thanks

Only 4 little ones last weekend.
1470350440_file_5-08-2016_8_30_56_am.jpeg

SCROUNGER said:
That's very nice Tribsa. It would look great cleaned up and displayed i reckon. Well done :)
Yeah i was thinkin i will do sg test just to see how much gold is in there and give it a bath in hydrochloric for a bit and leave it. I dont like smashing them up

Tribsa 56 said:
SCROUNGER said:
That's very nice Tribsa. It would look great cleaned up and displayed i reckon. Well done :)
Yeah i was thinkin i will do sg test just to see how much gold is in there and give it a bath in hydrochloric for a bit and leave it. I dont like smashing them up
Too nice to smash mate unless you're desperate for the gold imo. Post when it's clean hey so we can see how it scrubs up?

Latest posts