⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These finds and pics have been great to see!

Really spurring me on for the next trip in a few weeks time. Hoping I can add a little something to this great thread soon.

Good luck out there and keep up the great work everyone! :D
Regards,
Shauno.

1469607981_20160727_182054.jpg
first nug with the new evo 14-9 using a 4000 I am impressed with new coil yahoo whroo

Met up with Walshie 2 of his mates and 2 of my mates last Sunday. Managed to find 3 bits for the day but the 3rd one i found i thought to let my mate tezza try to find it for himself because all i could hear in the background is him cracking it, digging up nail,bullets, a lot of junk. His never found gold before so i called him over and told him to swing his coil over in the direction where i got a good signal, i was pretty sure it was gold and bingo he got is 1 nugget. He was super stoked but about a hour later he was gone lol i guess he wasn't to excited about it but that's my good mate tezza, a top bloke that would do anything for ya.
Here's the 2 from Sunday.
1469613906_img_1843.jpg

and after a 3 day soak in Alibrite.
1469613977_img_1848.jpg

SC75 said:
Met up with Walshie 2 of his mates and 2 of my mates last Sunday. Managed to find 3 bits for the day but the 3rd one i found i thought to let my mate tezza try to find it for himself because all i could hear in the background is him cracking it, digging up nail,bullets, a lot of junk. His never found gold before so i called him over and told him to swing his coil over in the direction where i got a good signal, i was pretty sure it was gold and bingo he got is 1 nugget. He was super stoked but about a hour later he was gone lol i guess he wasn't to excited about it but that's my good mate tezza, a top bloke that would do anything for ya.
Here's the 2 from Sunday.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5730/1469613906_img_1843.jpg
and after a 3 day soak in Alibrite.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5730/1469613977_img_1848.jpg

Congrats, Nice Nuggets, How far down were they ? They Scrubbed up well, aye.

John

After a bit of a dry patch over the wet winter I finally had some success on Saturday near Talbot VIC and found my personal best. A 7.3g. The 7.32 doesn't include the 50c coin. Have been waiting the day to show a nugget on 50c. It was about 12 inches down under a tree root. Was using a 4500 with new 15" spoked Evo mono. From memory I was using Deep, Enhanced, Manual Tune 80, Quiet Audio, RX about 9 & Stab 8, Target Audio 12, Signal 17, Inverted.
Big thanks to PA member Old Hand who suggested trying Inverted.
I picked out as much of the mud and iron stone I could with a pin, polished it with a bit of metal polish, and gave it a wash and scrub with a tooth brush in soapy water. It could do with a soak in Ali Brite, but is good as is.
Very happy! :D :p
1469937429_image.jpg

1469936870_image.jpg

1469936871_image.jpeg

Latest posts