Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are lucky to have an aussie gold detecting show So me i enjoy it otherwise only American shows
Bazz said:
Don't get me wrong, I really like the Aussie God Gold Hunters, But! some of the things that are happening are starting to look staged ]:D

Let's face it who drives 2 hours to catch poachers, then grades a couple a couple of lines in the dirt, detects it, finds some nuggets THEN goes home saying that it's off their minds cause they foiled the poachers..... funny that! Oooh! he is a pommie though! (no offence meant) :D

Just saying........ I could go on about the chances of coming across a very obliging helicopter pilot as well

:)

7.62marksman said:
its a show for tv mate so it has to be beefed up for people to watch it
unless things like this happened no one would watch it
JMO ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yep!!
and I can live with it, cause i like watching the yella stuff come out of the ground..

I'll dial down the BS filter, and enjoy the ride for the rides sake

The show is really stepping up a notch each week with BS. Suddenly everyone is just pulling huge nuggets out of the ground or chasing poachers. And don't get me started with the helicopter...

I am surprised how the partnership dissolved between Vern and Marko. Vern really must have been p**sed off over the hydrochloric acid saga.

And why is there nothing at all on the internet explaining what happened to Henri and Kelly???

Has anyone seen Coppers Treasure? I am watching season 2 right now and haven't looked at season 1 because of the spoilers which pretty much summed up the whole season. :Y:

Bazz said:
7.62marksman said:
JMO ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yep!!
and I can live with it, cause i like watching the yella stuff come out of the ground..

Didnt work for me ..the BS is over the top. I deleted every episode id saved to watch after watching just 1.5 shows. Im all for TV dramma but it is an insult to peoples intelligence if they expect us to believe some of the garbage on there. :N:

So0 guess you dont watch any gold shows on tv Me i take them for what they are n enjoy better than watching cooking or building shows :Y:
GaryO said:
Bazz said:
7.62marksman said:
JMO ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yep!!

Didnt work for me ..the BS is over the top. I deleted every episode id saved to watch after watching just 1.5 shows. Im all for TV dramma but it is an insult to peoples intelligence if they expect us to believe some of the garbage on there. :N:

RockRat said:
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/yzyNX0dKAJA?t=870[/video]
Heart pumping.They have a few videos on there web site, novoresources.com

several months ago i was told that this discovery will be the biggest in history and mining of conglomerate gold will last in excess of a hundred years.
yes it is heart pumping and if all goes well i will be on the ground there soon. i am excited

Did you see in the video the guy waving the SDC up and down
the wall of the cut saying it won't work on the vertical.????
Good luck to you, i would be excited too. :Y:

Thanks as the video was very interesting as was their discussions regarding, 7000 and their use of the SDC. Unfortunately, not exactly easy getting it out, for a hobbyist prospector, but could be very rich find for commercial development. Obviously has been there for a vveerrryy long time.

Rob P.

Anyone have or know ware I can watch Aussie Gold Hunters Season 3? I have missed episodes 5 to 10 and have enjoyed the episodes I have seen so far even though some of it now appears very staged.

I can tell you all ALOT about the conglomerate gold. The excitement is justified in the prospecting world. Mining companies are finding it a bit of a challenge. It is very nuggety but also very patchy. The honey holes are spectacular in prospecting terms but too few and far between so far to be viable mining.

Personally know of a single hole 2.5m deep that has produced upward of 140oz

Aussie Gold is a bit of fun, they take a fair bit of dramatic editing but it is still worth watching.

Kelly and Henri decided not to do another season, i believe she is not prospecting at all.

Well I managed to see the episodes of Aussie Gold Hunters that I have missed in season 3 and it appears that episode 10 has to be the most staged episode yet. Producer I know you are on here but can something be done about the staging please? This is a good show please don't ruin it by making the staging obvious. I will still continue to watch the show but I am hoping the series four (if there is to be a series four) will not be so staged.

Also what is available on Netflix gold related besides detectorists and Lasater's bones?

Aussie gold hunters has more and more pure BS thrown into it each episode. The producers have taken a fantastic show and have turned it into a typical american style drama. From the endless massive lumps of gold they find, to the poachers driving along at night with no headlights right up to where Greg happened to be waiting, pushing a small area with a dozer & detecting it for an hour and then saying the lease is no longer worth worrying about....

I hate it when great shows turn to garbage in an attempt to get more ratings

Again I am not sure if this show has been mentioned " Devils Canyon "

based in British Columbia.

Talk about a hard way to find gold?

Give me a cold beer fire and a camp chair anytime.

Cheers Scotty

1968falconxt said:
Aussie gold hunters has more and more pure BS thrown into it each episode. The producers have taken a fantastic show and have turned it into a typical american style drama. From the endless massive lumps of gold they find, to the poachers driving along at night with no headlights right up to where Greg happened to be waiting, pushing a small area with a dozer & detecting it for an hour and then saying the lease is no longer worth worrying about....

I hate it when great shows turn to garbage in an attempt to get more ratings

Yep!

It's all been said before and some of the incidents left me very cold, for example, Rick has a bung knee and is detecting in the blazing heat, yet finding what appears to good size nuggets, all the time bitching about the heat and mentions that the sun is up by 4:15 am, but Rick doesn't get up at 4:00am to detect in the cooler morning air, no he packs up and goes somewhere else which could be hotter..... :eek: not to forget the prospectors code, mentioned by Rick "never leave when you're on the gold"

BUT (and there is always a but)

I don't think we get all the story, just the bits that are entertaining even if there is added drama, some more of the back story would be of interest
Also the people doing the editing are probably not prospectors and what they think is interesting and entertaining would probably put a jack rabbit to sleep through boredom, I bet there is some equally meaty stuff on the editing floor.......

I suppose it's easy to put Greg and drama in the same sentence ............or is that drama "queen" :lol:

;)

Latest posts