Reedy Creek Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoKJP

Kris J. Parker
Reaction score
Hi guys, after having done some research and a dabble with the pan near Walls Crossing (only three small flecks), I was hoping someone might help me out on how to pan the creeks correctly. What am I looking for? Am I in the right place? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

hi m8 the gold at reedy creek is fine too and not much of it but in pachers at wall crossing you shood get about a gram of gold if you dig in the right spot allso try just up or down from waterford park pm me if you would like to know more locs for gold :D

Like Hunting said it can be patchy and some areas are barren but if you are lucky there is some good gold around that area. Sunday Creek can also be worth a shot. I've got a bit of a love hate relationship with that area. The good days are good but the bad days are bad and the difference between a good day and a bad day can be as little as one bucket full. The particular location I work around that area is quite nuggetty, but sparse and take some finding, often for a days digging I get a couple small pickers and some really nice flakey pieces with near zilch fine stuff. Vastly different to somewhere like Eldorado where you can find fine specs in nearly every shovel load.

Cheers
Adam

Hi all
I recently gold access to private land near Sunday creek
Wondering what's the chances of finding and gold there
I'm completely new at this and me and my son would love any advice anyone could give us thanks

Needed some suspicious dirt to test latest mods to the slushie, well "Not Happy Jan"

The creek is down to barely a trickle and in 2 spots is a stagnant pond of multi colour algea bloom

What was worse was the mess left by campers and unfortunately, prospectors, some disgusting pig actually crapped on the path leading down to a spot where there were piles of tailings and unfilled holes etc etc there was pile of garbage and it goes on and on

Unfortunately it's only a small minority that are guilty of this crap but we will all get tarred with the same brush....

If you happen to be one of the offenders and on this forum, I have only one thing to say to you......Thanks for nothing, Pig!!!

Wasn't me but yeah ok mate :p jokes aside it's bad enough standing in a big wet cow shit let alone some human shit.

Hi all where is this reedy creek?
I put it in google maps and it cam up with broadford area.
But I was out forbying with a mate near home and saw a reedy creek on my map and a old gold area but that was bellow dargo north of lee creek and freestone creek.
Unless it gets bigger it doesn't really look like I've seen in videos lol.
What's the go?
Cheers cam

Yep the one near broaford has gold in it , there is one up near Beachworth as well I think , More than likely a lot of them around the place but the one near Broaford is good for panning heaps of bedrock & crevices to trap the gold

Ahhhh I see
So there's more than one reedy creek for gold then.
All good.
I'd like to head back up and have a look at this gold area that's on the map.
I think we were on the wrong side of some tracks to have a look.
Plus we were on our way home.
I did find a nice little spot on freestone creek that had nice bedrock riffles across the creek
I had a quick poke in a crack that went to clay and found one tiny speck.
Worth heading back for a relaxing session so I marked on the gps.
Also found another spot that looked real good as,e sort of thing but much much bigger scale.
I just have to work out how to get down there.
Or walk in Ther, up,or,down river.

Heading to whallhala in a week or so with the mrs to do the ghost tour.
So I've said I'm taking the kit and doing some panning.
Happy anaversery Lol
No kids wooo and the mine tour too. :D

Tex said:
Yep the one near broaford has gold in it , there is one up near Beachworth as well I think , More than likely a lot of them around the place but the one near Broaford is good for panning heaps of bedrock & crevices to trap the gold

hi mate, do you know if that creek flooded in the last 2 years?

Hey All,
After a fair bit of research, I'm heading to Reedy creek tomorrow for my first prospecting trip to see if the gold gods are on my side and if its worth buying a river sluice. Anybody know if there is enough water to do some test pans?
Thanks
Brett

hi mate and welcome
1517561843_18.jpg

You could always ring up the Eldorado pub, one of the locals should know.
Or the local parks office.
Good luck mate, wish I was there this weekend with the banker myself. :Y: :Y:

Take some pics and post them up.

Latest posts