Metal Detector Hire Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably heading the wrong direction for you but I know Central West Prospecting Supplies in Mudgee are now hiring detectors. (in store, in person hire only)
They have SDC2300, GPX4500 & have a GPZ7000 available but it's for hire with an instructor only. They were hoping to have a GPX5000 available soon also. Might be worth a trip to try something out?
Detecta Den at Batemans Bay hire out VLF's - pretty sure they don't do PI gold machines anymore though?

Just a thought ,
see if anyone is going out and where. Then offer to tag along pay for their petrol and shout them a beer so you can get the opportunity to use their 5000 and get some valuable advice as well.
OR... see if their is a group who does day tours and will hire out a 5000 while you do the course with them. You will probably end up in the GT and you will gain heaps of knowledge

Nugget said:
echidnadigger said:
I cant believe a business would decline the hire of a new detector. For approximately $6000. They get a full 100% return on their investment after 60 days of hire. They get the sales that come from a try before you buy environment and they get to sell the ex demo unit to recover even more profit. There would be insurance on the unit that the shop would have to pay and I am sure there would be a fair size excess applicable, but as I have found with high excesses its a simple case of insuring the excess at a very low rate. Like you can do with a hire car. This is only scraping the top of the benefits of hiring from a business decision point of view. Where the idea of interstate car rego's come into play in the thought process is totally bewildering to me.

Nuggets from Down Under had a GPX 5000 stolen not too long back, went through all the usual credentials check but unfortunately these are easy enough to forge https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=42, you've got to remember they don't make you put down a $6000 deposit before you leave, so in this case $6000 just walked out the door never to return.

Nugget.

They will end up having to take the fingerprints and a headshot photo of the hirer before it becomes a safer bet.

Maybe even ask the hirer to take off their fake beard , moustache and hijab for the photo !

I'd prefer to 'hire' from a Detector shop...those blokes could have been sold Chinese knock-offs, and never know.

May not be the case, but hardly a money spinner outside gold areas for the likes of Kennards..

ymmv...

Gypsy

Also if you look below the pictures it reads....... Make, Model & Specifications may vary............. So until you actually see the machine you wont know what you may be hiring.

Bob

Thanks for the feedback.

Was just going to rent it for 2 days to try it out on a day trip. Never been detecting before so want to try before I buy.

I would go into my local shop and confirm what make and model they rent before committing.

I found a data sheet from Kennards stating its a GPX as well.

Eric2017...you'd seriously do better hiring from a detector shop in the goldfields...and have them give you a run down on it's operation...your not likely to get that from 'Kennards'...imo.

If it's your first time out, you will be doing yourself a favor.

GGA

GypsyGoldAu said:
Eric2017...you'd seriously do better hiring from a detector shop in the goldfields...and have them give you a run down on it's operation...your not likely to get that from 'Kennards'...imo.

If it's your first time out, you will be doing yourself a favor.

GGA

I would not agree more. Hiring from a dedicated detector shop. The experience will be like chalk and cheese.
If it is your first time and you have no experience I would suggest and SDC for your first foray into the detector arena.

Good luck

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I live in Canberra and most of the places nearby to detect don't have any shops. None in Canberra itself and the closest I think is Detect a den which is over 2 hours away.

Will have to think about it. Don't want to waste my money.

Latest posts