Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AngerManagement said:
Sandta said:
Sometimes i get stuff from overseas ... Postage is often cheaper than i can send the same package domestic. :mad: how much sense does that make?

Not from USA or other places...

One of out political people did a deal with postage a few years ago - can not recall who or which party...

A: Try and send a post to a local and do not apply the right postage stamps etc.... One of you will have to pay, before you get the item.

B: If an item comes from China (Special trade customer), HK etc then AU Post can not refuse to carry it... If the postage charge is not correct.

Thus an item that may not meet the requirements of a letter will cost $7.45 if posted within Australia. But the same item can be sent from china for less than $1 and Au post is contractually required to delver it as it is a FEDERAL requirement.

So yes... I hate paying $7.45 to send a $0.45 item... But Au has to try to recover the costs of supporting our trade partners :)

And it will not get any better...

Ye that be right ... Screw us over for the better of someone else :rolleyes:
No wonder they have all the money now ... Damn near everything we buy comes from there and they save $7 on each and every item :lol:
# Yes, i do know thats not quite how it works #

Zorgs said:
Probably find they are going to pay out people to leave ie $2000/year of service plus a lump sum or something to that effect.

I don't quite understand how businesses that are struggling/aren't making money (think Holden) can afford to pay redundancies.

Yeah, further reading revealed the costs were coming from "redundancies" pwsshh.

As a contractor or having left most places of my own accord, these types of payments were off my radar when i posted earlier.

Thanks for the insight and i agree with your sentiments...they should be looking to the TOP and what they are paid in response to what they "actually" deliver (when looking for "savings")...BEFORE moving against the low level "worker"....imo.

Gypsy

1442389234_8mpdp.jpg

16 days is ridiculous. I find it funny how two items can be sent on the same day, one from just up the road and the other from a different state, yet the interstate freight manages to up before the local stuff does :/

Try working on a cattle station in the north west, the mail can take yonks and the baby can be born by the time you have just found out some one has just fallen pregnant. the daily paper is a couple of weeks old but hey I loved every time the mail man came (once a week) and I still had to drive 20k to our mail box. I have been on a mail plane taking mail to isolated cattle stations and the joy it brings to station staff and the kids (almost like xmas). If it rains it adds more weeks to the delivery but it was all provided by Australia post at the cost of a standard postage stamp and no private company would be able to do at this price. So yes there can be delays in the mail but it is a vital service in the bush and we would have been lost without it, so no complaints from me.

Out the front of Bega Post Office is a Post Box.
You drop a letter in it to some one in Bega.
Does it get sorted in Bega then posted that day.
Nope. :eek:
It goes to Wollongong and sorted into a mail run for the local Posties then sent back for
delivery the next day. 8)
There is no local sorting of mail. It is all done by a machine 450 Klm's away then sent back.

Sandta said:
And its so much more simple with a selfie
I'd hate to see what your tooth fairy looks like sandta if that's a selfie..

Do you like my casual guy looking at nothing selfie...I should be in target catalogues.. you can't see it but my hand is also partly in my pocket but thumb exposed for that sleek look like I know what I'm doing..

Whoops..off subject

Two weeks ago ordered my daughter 6 bday pressies off ebay for tomorrow. Meant to arrive monday, only 4 arrived. Awesome, guess who was running around wasting more money today.. :rolleyes:

Best bit is she gets more pressies in a couple of days :p
good score for her :D
Wish her a happy birthday from me , then show her my avatar ...
And tell her she better be good for christmas :lol:

Latest posts