XP Deus information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolfau said:
Morgan both technologies are different and if the XP Deus was multi frequency you might not have
a prospecting mode nor a choice of which frequency setting you wanted to use unless the prospecting
mode changed the machine from multi to single.

Fisher and Whites also make a multi frequency and I think one is being developed in Russia as well.

Generally the lower the frequency the deeper the machine detects without being sensitive to tiny
bits of foil or gold. The higher the frequency then the more sensitive it becomes to small bits of foil
or gold but does not detect as deep.

There is a demo in the video and you can see it as he changes frequencies.

In the old days you would hear people complain and state the multi frequency detectors got deeper.
I think as technology has improved its different today because of the fast processors being used
in such cases as with the G2, Deus and v3i.

A good test would be testing a G2 against another machine developed in the 90's running at the
same frequency to see if they are equal in depth or which one detects deeper.

Not sure how many detectors using a single frequency back in the 90's could ping a silver coin
using a 9" coil at 12" depth.

What I would love to see is an optional controller for the XP Deus that XP users can buy.
The optional controller would be pulse induction with some sort of discrimination & filtering :) :) :) :)

How amazing would that be? Pulse induction technology in a case the size of an iphone. Even if it
was 3 or 4 times thicker than an iphone it would not matter.

Is it possible? Who knows but time will tell I think..

How long you had a deus ? And which state you from wolfau
?

I don't own one as yet. Have been testing
A few different machines trying to find
The right one for me. Once i find the
Right one i will be selling everything
Else.

Just finished playing with a v3i.

Will be making the purchase shortly
From the USA so it should be here
Within 2 weeks.

I am from Melbourne.

I am hoping i will be able to use this
In the goldfields because the reports
I am reading in orange dirt and high
Minerslisation is very Good.

Wolfau said:
Else.

Within 2 weeks.

I am from Melbourne.

Shame your not in wa I'll let you know how I go, I'm of to paynes finds this week or next week for a couple of days haven't got a clue were to start looking lol but I'll be doing a lot of testing with it as I brought a 1 gram nugget to play with.

wackojacko333 said:
Shame your not in wa I'll let you know how I go, I'm of to paynes finds this week or next week for a couple of days haven't got a clue were to start looking lol but I'll be doing a lot of testing with it as I brought a 1 gram nugget to play with.

Will buy either a 2nd hand one from the US or a new one from the Aussie Dealer. So should have something by the end of the month.

I think Doug Stone has maps available for WA but not sure. The ground in WA is different to here in Central Vic though.

The XP Deus platform has changed and continues to develop since the last time I looked at one with the release of an 11" DD
and the development of the gold program and I was reading online somewhere an ellipitical coil is under way in development as
well.

Good luck with it out there.

wackojacko333 said:
Wolfau said:
Else.

Within 2 weeks.

I am from Melbourne.

I have an XP Deus detector, have used it around the Paynes Find area myself, you have to know where to go up there as there are live leases, where are you intending to go in that area? You may have to play with your detector due to the mineralised grounds up there, you may need to adjust the ground balance and sensitivity I am pretty happy with my XP, it works fantastic at the beach as well on prog 8 dry beach, maybe we can exchange ideas on the XP's programmes?
The XP Deus has 4,8,12 and 18 k frequencies plus shifts. Isn't single frequencies when you cannot alter the frequency??

Goldie

Goldiewa said:
The XP Deus has 4,8,12 and 18 k frequencies plus shifts.

Isn't single frequencies when you cannot alter the frequency??

Goldie

No. It has nothing to do with altering the frequency. This is a feature the Deus has
where the user can choose which frequency they want to use and when chosen the
Deus will operate with that single frequency you chose.

If the Deus allows you to choose 2 frequencies instead of 1 and it operates between
the 2 then it becomes a multi frequency.

Some machines will operate at a number of different frequencies hence being multi frequency.

The whites v3i runs on 3 different frequencies simultaneously. So in this case its like having 3 detectors side by side which will
give you 3 different results via the graphs. An example is silver and our 1 and 2 dollar coins pings hard at 2.5khz while aluminium screw
caps show up harder on a different frequency. In this case you can detect and dig the 2.5kz only targets which should be coins or a nut
or a padlock or something else that sets off this reading on the 2.5kz but avoids the digging of the aluminium screw caps. This was the
case anyway when I did some tests. Gold targets will appear on the higher frequency which is around 19khz and so will some other stuff.

The XP Deus offers a choice of frequency you want to use. If you understand these then you can use it to your
advantage.

XP DEUS 3.1 Finds Four Gold Nuggets Totaling 15.7 Grams in Australia.

Found above article on xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com, click on the blog tab and look under customer finds, you may have to go thru older,posts to find it, it's dated July 18th 2013. Thought you may be interested. Looks like WA red soil in pic.

Anyone using an XP Deus detector particularly in WA, would be interested if anyone has or is using one in the Goldfields. Any I am very happy with mine so far, especially the fact it is lightweight. Has anyone developed their own programmes for the XP?? I am thinking of buying Andy Sabischs Deus Handbook, has anyone found it helpful at all ?? Hoping to go out prospecting in next couple of weeks and see how the XP Deus goes.

wackojacko333 - did you end up going to Paynes find with your XP Deus? How did you go? Would be interested in hearing how you went, Im in WA as well.

Goldie :)

Mate, I bought the Andy Sabisch handbook and it (in my opinion) should be compulsory reading for deus owners :)

Since getting it I don't even know where the original manual is and don't care, I will probably never use it again.

My strike rate has seen noticeable improvement since reading through it and every time I pick it up I see something else that helps me get the most out of the machine.

Awesome book.

I have one arriving from the USA.

Had a friend there on holidays buy it for me.

It cost just about the same as the one on special.

I did ask them if they can do a better price. The only
Reason to protect my purchase when reselling.

hi just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a deus xp .i currently have a ctx3030 but am thinking of selling it just cause of the sheer weight of the thing .causes me alot of pain in my arm and shoulder .so think a lighter option might be the way to go .

any pros and cons or advice about the deus would be greatly appreciated .

I've used a mate's Deus for about 10 minutes, coinshooting in a park with lots of trash. It weighs nothing at all and works like magic - just watch for the ID numbers for $1 and $2 coins and ignore all the other signals! He swears by it, after years using mostly Whites and seems to get amazing depth in dry sand at the beach, often recovering coins deeper than the coil diameter.

nice but i read that the deus is no good for australian soil but that was a old post before they brought out the firmware updates so i guess they fixed that .

I also have used a xp very light great metal detecter,I have a damaged right arm cut the ulnar nerve years ago so light m/d only I have found Tesoro machines suit me they are very light and can match any other m/d I now have 3,the best coin shooter the cibola with a cleansweep coil fantastic on large areas.

Another light weight option at 1.4kg could be the Nokta/Makro Racer http://www.makrodetector.com/racer-metal-detector.html when released.
Seem to be getting good reviews on other detectors in Australia.
One con on the Deus is the coil cost if wanting other sizes etc. Pro - can be software updated (headphones, coil & remote) to latest version.

Latest posts