XP Deus information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a good detector, do not hesitate to ask me for info, I have friends using it, it is very popular in France.

Feedback from the "Prospector patch" (I don't know this shop in Australia):
Original thread : http://www.detecteur.net/forum/recherche-d-or-en-australie-t67021.html

We expected that this area would be difficult as we had tried with PI machines with great difficulty.

The area is extremely highly mineralized with so many rubbish targets that we had pretty much put it on the bottom of our list of priorities.

I followed the quick step for ground balancing you sent thru last week.

We also took two professional detectorists with us who's comments had been "there is not much to that detector" and "we have been to this area so many times with no luck".

Well within 10 minutes of going through the most iron infested area I had bagged a 5.6gm gold nugget.

We finished up with four nuggets - total weight 15.7gm.

And I also found this on the official website:
http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blo...ld-prospecting-in-africa-with-the-xp-deus-v3/

Well so far so good, plenty of bullet casings and old bits of stuff.

Some of the bullet casings have been about 6 or 7 inches and I've even dug up a tiny piece of brass that was nearly the coil width deep. I'm a noob so I don't know if this is good depth or not.

Still plenty to learn with this machine but having a blast so far. Also feels like you could swing this thing all day.
I'm learning to use my left hand for the detector (im a righty) so I don't have to swap hands to dig and even using my non-master hand I hardly notice the weight.

Just got to keep at it I spose.

G'day Morgan82, which part of Australia are you using it in? It would be interesting to see how it handles the ground in golden triangle. Thanks for being the guinea pig. :)

Has anyone else tried the Deus yet or am I the only one? Surely not.

Would love to hear from other users as real time experiences in australia havent been talked about much.

Happy to chat via PM, email or phone if the results are to good to broadcast :)

Morg

XP DEUS
Used this detector over Easter here in WA Goldfields. Had to adjust the ground balance manually in mineralised ground, using Goldfields programme, pretty happy with this detector so far. Found plenty of tin etc, but not gold so far. It is so quick and easy to set up and start using. Have also tried it on the beach, with really goods results as well, using dry beach setting mainly. Any one else use one of these here in WA ?

I'm pretty stoked so far with mine as well. I can vouch for the deus being good for coins etc so far.

As for gold, well I haven't found any yet but the hundred odd .22 casings and heap of small lead shot/projectiles I've found have me hopeful that the machine may have some promise, especially considering some of the crazy depths I've found small lead at.

Anyway, hope someone helps me prove this detectors worth soon or the wife is going to start asking questions :)

I am hoping there is someone out there that can help with fine tuning the Goldfields programme a little to help in the search for Gold. I need to understand how to develop my own programmes, thinking of buying the Deus Handbook by Andy Sabisch, I have heard it is very good , lots of information and help. Anyone got any programmes they would like to share??? Only ones I have found are mainly for overseas. :)

Also found today on the xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com website under the blogs tab, select customer finds and scroll down and you will find an article posted July 18th 2013

XP DEUS 3.1 Finds Four Gold Nuggets Totaling 15.7 Grams in Australia - its the third article down.

Gives us XP Deus owners hope. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Using an Xp Deus here in WA, used over easter weekend in Goldfields, found plenty of tin etc, but no Gold so far, very happy with overall performance. Have used on beach and found it to be be really good as well.

Found and article on xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com on the blog under customer finds dated July 18th 2013
XP DEUS 3.1 Finds Four Gold Nuggets Totaling 15.7 Grams in Australia.

Very promising and gives us XP Deus owners hope of doing the same.

Thought this might help those who are new
To the XP Deus.

Shows interesting ways to hit silver at 12" and for a
Single frequency machine this is impressive.

Minelab have FBS (Full Band Spectrum) & BBS (Broad Band Spectrum) technology allowing machines to simultaneously transmit, receive and analyse a full or broad band of multiple frequencies.

Whites V3i has 3 x frequencies (22.5 kHz for gold, 2.5 kHz for silver, or 7.5 kHz for general use). It allows you to hunt simultaneously in all 3 or use a single frequency.

Morgan both technologies are different and if the XP Deus was multi frequency you might not have
a prospecting mode nor a choice of which frequency setting you wanted to use unless the prospecting
mode changed the machine from multi to single.

Fisher and Whites also make a multi frequency and I think one is being developed in Russia as well.

Generally the lower the frequency the deeper the machine detects without being sensitive to tiny
bits of foil or gold. The higher the frequency then the more sensitive it becomes to small bits of foil
or gold but does not detect as deep.

There is a demo in the video and you can see it as he changes frequencies.

In the old days you would hear people complain and state the multi frequency detectors got deeper.
I think as technology has improved its different today because of the fast processors being used
in such cases as with the G2, Deus and v3i.

A good test would be testing a G2 against another machine developed in the 90's running at the
same frequency to see if they are equal in depth or which one detects deeper.

Not sure how many detectors using a single frequency back in the 90's could ping a silver coin
using a 9" coil at 12" depth.

What I would love to see is an optional controller for the XP Deus that XP users can buy.
The optional controller would be pulse induction with some sort of discrimination & filtering :) :) :) :)

How amazing would that be? Pulse induction technology in a case the size of an iphone. Even if it
was 3 or 4 times thicker than an iphone it would not matter.

Is it possible? Who knows but time will tell I think..

Latest posts