XP Deus information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trev111 said:
Got one on order. Should receive it this week.
I,ll let you know how I find it

Trev i hope you didn't buy one from the same Aussie seller that i bought one from, Paid $479 by paypal got back the receipt from paypal and the Aussie dealer saying i bought the 11" Deus coil for $479.00 after 9 days never heard back from him i was at least expecting a delivery date but got nothing. So sent him an email and after 3 days heard back from him saying that they don't sell them anymore and he will refund my money after he has confirmed that i paid the amount (the idiot sent me back a receipt the same day as i paid for it) anyways sent him a copy of paypals and his receipt, mate i think i got scammed looking up the seller today and he is offline.. HMMMMMM.. Just as well i paid through paypal guaranteed to get my money back through them..

Desertfox, can you PM me the dealers name please....be interested in knowing who it was as i was also thinking of getting a Dues to fiddle with.

Desertfox said:
Just wondering if anyone has used the 11"coil on their Deus,thinking of buying one. Some good reports on it saying it will get another 3" of depth compared to the 9" coil..

Cheers Fox

That machine with the 11" coil will hit coins at 17" Deep when set up right, They Demo'd the deus doing that at a Rally a while back.

Where was the dealer located or was it the distributor, don't have to mention names? Getting a bit sick of hearing about so many peeved off customers echoing the same experiences.

Thankfully we still have the option open to us to purchase from abroad. :rolleyes:

Dessert Fox . I would also like to know if it was the distributor or Dealer. No names, but I should be able to work it out who it was.
I also ordered a Deus but the Dealer could not get them from France after they supposedly told him that they would supply them. I paid by Paypal and had no trouble getting a refund.
I have now ordered one from WA> Should arrive soon....Checked out The France option, but because of the Assie $, the cost of it is more than the cost to buy from W.A.

What's with all the 'secret squirrel' stuff in this thread? If there are bad experiences with distributors/dealers out there, the rest of us need to hear about it so we don't get sucked in too. Otherwise, these people take us all for mugs.

Bought the 11" coil from Prospectors patch in Perth today,got a fair deal. Good service friendly staff.. Now to charge it up and hit a hammered spot tomorrow morning.

Cheers Fox

Desertfox said:
Bought the 11" coil from Prospectors patch in Perth today,got a fair deal. Good service friendly staff.. Now to charge it up and hit a hammered spot tomorrow morning.

Cheers Fox

Will be interested to hear how it goes.

Well went to my well hammered spot at 10 am this morning first impression at swinging the 11" coil was wow how much bigger it looks at the end of the shaft compared to the 9" weight ? hardly noticed the difference! Had it set on 2 gm power Discriminator set on 80 as the $1 & $2 dollar coins come in as 86 and 87 . Got a good signal straight away on 86 yep $2 coin at 4 inches after that it was about half hr before i got another 86 this time it was a bloody brass eyelet yeah 86 unfortunately shares its spot with a few other objects but not many.
Anyways cutting the story short most coins were about 4 to 6 inches down i will put it down to the 9" coil missing them because the signal strength wasn't clear,the 11" came in crystal clear and you knew you had a good target,also a lot better because of the bigger detecting area. Ended up with $20 dollars for 2 hrs would have stayed longer but the place was beginning to get a lot of people coming in so i decided to call it quits...

Now to hit an area for the pre decimal coins... Cheers Fox
1441346851_4.9.2015._new_coil.jpg

It's still a pretty damned light coil to swing, despite the inbuilt electronics and battery, glad it lived up to your expectations Fox. :)

So anyone found any gold yet with the XP Deus. Would be interested in hearing if anyone has had any detecting time in The WA Goldfields with this detector and what results that may have had. :) :)

Hey Morgan82, Awesome find, would you mind me asking if you were using the Goldfields Programme and if you tweeked the settings at all? Now that's what I want to find!

Can't believe I missed this topic, nice find Morgan, what was the weight on that slug?

Haven't had much time in the GT with the Deus, though was quite surprised how stable it was when I gave it a quick run near Maryborough when taking a break from using the SPP. Still managed to pick up a few .22 cartridges, some lead shot and splattered lead bullets in about 20 mins of use, so seems to do the job. That was using the goldfields program, though will be keen to try out a few other settings/programs as well next time over the GT way.

In comparison my G2 (goldbug pro) was very noisy, resulting in the sensitivity having to be wound back a fair way to the stage of only being effective on very shallow or surface scratchings. Bit of a disappointment really, though I must admit the large DD wasn't exactly ideal for such detecting.

Latest posts