Whites TDI Pro, let the testing begin.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would guess that would increase the conductivity of the target....undisturbed ground would be better.

Panda said:
I would guess that would increase the conductivity of the target....undisturbed ground would be better.

Yes Sir, that's why detectors always go a bit deeper after the rain or after a thunder storm. its natures super charger for Detectors

I know I get confused easily but why wouldn't a man be looking for nuggets at a half once and above. Hell, I want to make money, not a sore back for the price of half a tank of fuel.

SunriseBoy said:
I know I get confused easily but why wouldn't a man be looking for nuggets at a half once and above. Hell, I want to make money, not a sore back for the price of half a tank of fuel.

The thing is it will pick up bigger items well Above 1/2 an Once in fact 38.35gm or 1.247ozt with the 10us in low setting with ease, And some of the figures quoted are a little far fetched, Either that or the decimal point is in the wrong Place.

we are all learning here so don't worry about it too much.

john

Tdi pro, tdi sl and the spp are all good detectors, very sensitive to sub gram stuff and reasonably good depth. Not as big a performance difference between them as their prices $ suggest.

Just build a 8 inch coil for the SPP,and very pleased with the performance.

Regards Frank

First I must say .. the gold in the Tibooburra area is small, a 3grammer is a good find, from what I saw of all the other punters I had the biggest find of .26g nugget (not what I would call a 'nugget'!). The other 3 I got were about .15g, making a grand total of .6g for the outing. I was out gunned with my competitors all with 5000's & 1 with 7000. That being said I still got the biggest 'nugget'!( a mute point because they got a lot more & much smaller)
I used the 6"Coltec coil & find the larger one, & I borrowed a Sadie coil for the rest. (to cover more ground), Both coils have the same sensitivity on all the nuggets. I tried a 14"X 7" nugget finder on my machine however lost about half of the sensitivity of the smaller coils. A good compromise would be somewhere between the Sadie & the 14" NF.
Settings: Max gain & threshold as stable as possible then back the gain off to about 9-8.5, threshold silent. With high gain there are high spikes however I adjusted the GB so the sounds were a lowish tone, not much out of balance, the gold was a high tone so when I got the spikes I knew they were a false signals. Speaking of signals.. boot tacks screamed, paper staples, bird shot, .22 heads & casings...many a good find for all :lol:
Had a great time & met some like minded people from the Dubbo prospecting club. Did some night detecting which produced 1 of my finds (cooler & no flies)
Anyway a good time was had by all.
Bill

Good to see more people are getting the TDI's, everyone seems to be having fun with them and finding the odd bit of yellow stuff.
I keep on telling people for a good machine at a good price you cannot go past them.

just found out the price on the GPZ7000 from minlab at a Lazy $10700 and cannot justify the cost even though they claim an extra 40% depth compared to the GPX500 (to which I think the whites is on par with)

cheers
Ian

Tails said:
Good to see more people are getting the TDI's, everyone seems to be having fun with them and finding the odd bit of yellow stuff.
I keep on telling people for a good machine at a good price you cannot go past them.

just found out the price on the GPZ7000 from minlab at a Lazy $10700 and cannot justify the cost even though they claim an extra 40% depth compared to the GPX500 (to which I think the whites is on par with)

cheers
Ian

They are Hot Property and when more people own them the finds will be flooding In, I cant fault Mine.

John

I posted this photo up in another section but I guess it really belongs here...
1428989555_image.jpg

These bits were found in two different locations but on one battery charge so within 10hrs detecting.

Tails said:

cheers
Ian

Met a father & son there, professionals, the father had a 5000 the son a 7000, with the banter & competition the gist of if was that there wasn't much difference with the 2 machines.. they both picked up the gold if the coil went over it! Probably not a good area to test the 2 machines because the gold is within a few inches of the surface but some of the gold I couldn't pick up with the 6" coltek it was so small.
Bill

Latest posts