Whites TDI Pro, let the testing begin.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good choice on the machine Nugget and it won't let you down once you get use to the settings. The new vid will show Liz unearthing quite a few nuggets with it, and she wouldn't swap it for any other machine on the market.......can't even get her to use my 5000, :eek:

Now all you need to do is get yourself over here to WA for serious practice session..... :)

Cheers Wal.

Here's a few pics of the TDI Pro as requested by Jaros. Ain't it sexy :p

1406789693_2014-07-31_16.37.28-1.jpg

1406789693_2014-07-31_16.37.49-2.jpg

1406789693_2014-07-31_16.38.02-1.jpg

1406789693_2014-07-31_16.38.36-2.jpg

Can you get 2 even rubber spacers for the coil mount? instead of one making it offset like it is.
Might be worth getting some velcro strips and winding that cord on nice and even too ;)

Reeks said:
Can you get 2 even rubber spacers for the coil mount? instead of one making it offset like it is.
Might be worth getting some velcro strips and winding that cord on nice and even too ;)

Maybe, but I don't think it would make any real difference. The spacer in the pic is the one that was supplied for the Sadie, the standard coil doesn't need it.

I did a quick air test the other day and had written the results down a piece of paper, but it seems the wife has taken said piece of paper and used it as a shopping list or something :mad:

Anyway, I do recall the 1 grammer picking up at around the 6" mark using the external speaker with a barely audible threshold, and the 0.13 grammer still maintained it's 2-3 inches depending on where it was positioned under the coil.

I'm planning on seeing how it performs over the weekend so hopefully I'll have a few wild nuggets to show you guys :D

Hey Nugget,

I ve just bought a SDC2300 and will be testing it as well this weekend.

Lets hope we both have something for show n tell Monday morning!

Cheers

good to see your moving the grass nugget, have fun with the TDI , I have a 14 x 9 coiltec goldstalker on mine and goes well.

Thanks Tails, I guess you haven't found the edit button then :lol:

I took the TDI Pro away for a few days and was quite impressed how it handled the highly mineralised ground up at Hanging Rock / Nundle. No gold this trip unfortunately but it picked up on plenty of tiny lead shot and wire at decent depth, so I'm pretty confident if there was gold under the coil it would have told me about it.

Nugget said:
Reeks said:

Maybe, but I don't think it would make any real difference. The spacer in the pic is the one that was supplied for the Sadie, the standard coil doesn't need it.

I think that an Excalibur lower stem would solve the need for a big spacer with the Sadie, or any other NF, Coiltek or Commander coils.

Finally some feedback on the tdi pro..I've had mine for a year and the lack of info made me feel like I'd made a mistake buying one..nugget..mate thanks heaps..any advice would be appreciated..

Cheers again

Nikos

Music to my ears..would love an idiots guide to the tdi oz pro..me thinks it would greatly help newby detectorists like me..

Latest posts