Whites TDI - Dead or Alive?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dollop of nitro,haha, don't put thoughts into my mind. I have a container of nitromethane & methanol sitting in my room, that stuff goes up well,haha.

ozziii said:
Dollop of nitro,haha, don't put thoughts into my mind. I have a container of nitromethane & methanol sitting in my room, that stuff goes up well,haha.

I just thought of another way ?? Dip the point of the pick in the Nitro and that should be enough to loosen the hard pack, And any fillings you got, LOL :D :D :D

?......but then the land owner would know I was back again, and was real cranky last time.......

davent said:
?......but then the land owner would know I was back again, and was real cranky last time.......

Don't worry Dave I got ya Covered, My Team of Ninja Wombats are on their way to you as We speak, They will go in under the cover of Darkness, Just Don't give Any Beer After Midnight,, :cool: :cool: :cool:

Forward Base,,,, OUT

Beginning to think ive made a mistake buying a 2nd hand tdi....maybe its just buyers remorse, but been on other forums, and it seems that the tdi is complicted to use and tune. Its pretty hard to find positve posts about their use in Australia anyway. Keep hearing about great for thr beach, and coins, but hopeless for gold. Even on u tube, I can only find one user in Aust who actually finds gold with one, and she seems like an experienced hand.

Well, its done now. Ive met one bloke on line who has kindly offered to help with mine, he only lives 20 mins away, so guess ill be buying a few beers for him at grove hill!

From what I read on here from WalnLiz, the TDI Pro Oz worked pretty well over in W.A on the gold so it can't be too bad.
My understanding is that it may be a little complicated but with time & practice it can be a very good detector, alot of people just don't want to put in the effort though, but if you decide you don't want it then send it to me, I'll learn how to use it,haha.
Here's one post, they have made some video's as well.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6764

davent said:
Beginning to think ive made a mistake buying a 2nd hand tdi....maybe its just buyers remorse, but been on other forums, and it seems that the tdi is complicted to use and tune. Its pretty hard to find positve posts about their use in Australia anyway. Keep hearing about great for thr beach, and coins, but hopeless for gold. Even on u tube, I can only find one user in Aust who actually finds gold with one, and she seems like an experienced hand.

Well, its done now. Ive met one bloke on line who has kindly offered to help with mine, he only lives 20 mins away, so guess ill be buying a few beers for him at grove hill!

Dave you are looking at this the wrong way, The TDI Pro has found Gold in every corner of the Globe, Your machine can do what no other brand can Do,

As for the setting it is dead easy, My 3500 had about 11 switches that's about 121 combinations squared and you think the TDI is tough,

There is nothing wrong with the TDI, and you don't have to use all its features just because they are there, Don't over think it, Because that's where you are going wrong, It is as simple as you want it to be and the only thing that is in your way are the things that you put there, Give me a second and I will find you some thing that may make Life easy for you, Ok.

John

OK, Dave heres a Link that you need to save on ya PC, Phone or Tablet, alright. I think most of your issues are because many people say you should have got a minelab well that's just BS, Because YOU can find gold with an ALDI detector.

First things first Decide if you want small or large Gold,,,, Small = Low Con,,, Large = High Con,,, Use ALL if you are unsure whats been found in the Area.

Set your Delay ALWAYS to 10us,, volume to Max, Threshold as you like it, and Ground balance it, and Adjust the Frequency so it runs smooth, and that's it,

Beach Detecting is the same as the Above, But set up in ALL and Turn the GB OFF and switch to Low and it will see Every thing, and that is all you need to do,

Or you could Try these Settings in this Manual/Book, OK.

http://www.whiteselectronics.com/media/downloadable/files/samples/t/d/tdi_field_manual.pdf

Good Luck,, John

Some good nuggets being found up in the NT, just seen some pics posted on facebook, one was a 6oz nugget found near surface with a Garret AT Gold, was a couple of other from the same bloke. If the AT Gold can find nuggets like that then the TDI will have no problems at all.

When you say small set low and big nuggets set high, what is the definition of nuggets big enough to use the high setting?

davent said:
When you say small set low and big nuggets set high, what is the definition of nuggets big enough to use the high setting?

Small Nuggets Under 1/2 to 3/4 ozt or 15 to about 24 grams, And Large nuggets would come in above those weights

This why im excited, new ground, no sign of anyone ever being there, let alone detetecting, and I ignored 50 similar signals......doh!
1448486654_20151126_0652041.jpg

Well I would either use the ALL setting or go over it in High first and then do it in Low,

Congrats, Nice Nugget, Now Don't Tell anyone where you found it, Including mates, And Me, LOL

has it turned up yet.keen to compare machines.Dont let the net reports overwhelm you.it is not a turn on and go machine but once you get used to setting it up it takes no time at all.

Not here yet Lewy, but ive got the day off, gonna check out out a spot just north of where you mentioned to me today with the mxt.
what are you up to mate? ;)

davent said:
Not here yet Lewy, but ive got the day off, gonna check out out a spot just north of where you mentioned to me today with the mxt.
what are you up to mate? ;)

Ya know Dave the TDI is not that much different to your MXT, and once you set it you just get on with Detecting in the same way.

at work mate.Cant go out this weekend either.but if it comes i can have a look.

No worries, im not expecting aust post to get it here this week, was posted from vic last friday, I reckon next wednesday at the soonest.
have a good one mate, ill go and sweat for a couple of hours.

Latest posts