Whites TDI - Dead or Alive?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll keep out of the GSA debate but as far as Brian's prices go, I'm 99.9% sure he doesn't make much profit if any on them, but he has no overheads either as I believe he operates from home not a shop, with that in mind I don't think anyone here in OZ could compete with Brian's prices so it's not really fair to compare to a shop price.
That's good news for anyone wanting to purchase those coils but bad news for any other retailer selling the same coils.
Just my 2c worth.

Ok, lets look at it from my perspective.
I live in Darwin. I might as well live in aanother country. If I want to freight it there, (like posting it o/s) its not that much different from the US etc.
I cant touch a product here, only minelab and a few garrett models.
So, if I was to buy a whites TDI, would I buy it from a store in Victoria, where I cant touch it or if I have a problem,I still have to post It , and it takes forever either domestic or O s. I can buy one on line from the US for nearly 800 bucks cheaper than i can buy it here, thats a thousand bucks.
$3300 from goldfind or $2760 from the US. I will have to pay postage either way.
Or do I just keep buying 2nd hand in Australia and hope I dont buy problems?
I am starting to question buying anything new.....

G0lddigg@ said:
Did anyone put a gun to that blokes head when he sold the coil? No

Do i have to pay $51 a kg for my ground coffee when i can get it from Aldi for $20 no but i choose to because i support a local ballart business who takes the time to roast hes own blends.

How do you know anything about brians buy price vs deans?

Damn you Type fast, lol

I guess the Guy who bought the coil did not know who to go to for the best price, personally I would of bought from the US if I did not know about Brian,

I agree about the Coffee, We have standards to up hold.

davent said:
I live in Darwin. I might as well live in aanother country. If I want to freight it there, (like posting it o/s) its not that much different from the US etc.
So, if I was to buy a whites TDI, would I buy it from a store in Victoria, where I cant touch it or if I have a problem,I still have to post It , and it takes forever either domestic or O s. I can buy one on line from the US for nearly 800 bucks cheaper than i can buy it here, thats a thousand bucks.
$3300 from goldfind or $2760 from the US. I will have to pay postage either way.

Well I am selling my TDI SL which is Brand new and un used because I bought The Pro and a few other machines and that is with a New 7.5 inch duel field coil and the 12" coil for $1178.87 AUD, So if you can find your self a good deal in the US or OZ you should go for it.

davent said:

From you're perspective being in darwin i personally would buy it online from the states if the difference was that great. But i wouldn't call the australian agent out for what he has to charge to supply them. The issue still is gold search are the service agent they have to make a profit to be able to keep their doors open to provide a service. Catch 22.

Remember gs have to put gst ontop of everything after they have paid gst and duty. They haveto pay gst twice and they have to pass it onto the consumer.

The Razorback coils on the US site are in Australian dollars, cost me $295 for the RB 7.5x12 folded mono, thats including postage.
The MJ 7x11 folded mono is on the site for $219 but it doesn't say Australian dollars so it might be U.S dollars.
But $345 for the MJ 7x11 folded mono seems high I though.
$219 US (retail) = around $305 AU. Not sure how the MJ 7x11 would be more expensive than the RB 7.5x12.
I know stuff all about business but just thought the price difference was a bit strange, but I guess with overheads there would be some additional costs.
http://razorbackcoils.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/category/655438?page=1

ozziii said:
The Razorback coils on the US site are in Australian dollars, cost me $295 for the RB 7.5x12 folded mono, thats including postage.
The MJ 7x11 folded mono is on the site for $219 but it doesn't say Australian dollars so it might be U.S dollars.
But $345 for the MJ 7x11 folded mono seems high I though.
$219 US (retail) = around $305 AU. Not sure how the MJ 7x11 would be more expensive than the RB 7.5x12.
I know stuff all about business but just thought the price difference was a bit strange, but I guess with overheads there would be some additional costs.
http://razorbackcoils.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/category/655438?page=1

I don't know where Brian is ??

ozziii said:
Bairnsdale, Victoria.

Thanks for that, Then his prices on his site must be AUD I would of though, Need to order 4 or 5 of MJ coils but I might wait until around January ish coz I am in the middle of saving to buy another Vehicle ??

I want the 14" and the one you got and the 5x9 and the 12x16 and maybe the 10x14 as well.

The site is a US site, its not Brians, he doesn't have a website, although I think he is working on getting one set up.
If you click on the RB coils, it says the price in in AU dollars, they are only available here, not in the US, but in the discription of the MJ coils there is no mention of Au dollars.

For a thread that has ended up being a bitch about certain people making *apparently* false statements, there sure are a lot of unsustantiated innuendo and assumptions being made (by the ones making those accusations).

Get your facts right before publishing them for all to see on a public forum.

ozziii said:
The site is a US site, its not Brians, he doesn't have a website, although I think he is working on getting one set up.
If you click on the RB coils, it says the price in in AU dollars, they are only available here, not in the US, but in the discription of the MJ coils there is no mention of Au dollars.

Thanks for that, it does get confusing, Over here If I buy something from an EU country I don't pay duty on it but if I buy from the US etc I get charged another handling/postage charge and then 25% import Duty on the whole thing,

Nuggetbuster said:
For a thread that has ended up being a bitch about certain people making *apparently* false statements, there sure are a lot of unsustantiated innuendo and assumptions being made (by the ones making those accusations).

Get your facts right before publishing them for all to see on a public forum.

I Have got my facts right, and I Have an email from Whites Saying So,

And I have multiple emails from members here Quoting what GS has told them,

I also have checked the Prices on 4 continents and Guess what I found ??

I spent months trying to promote GS as a worthy dealers with 1st rate products and many times I got told that they don't contribute here and that others have paid for the right and that was not fair on the other sponsors to promote GS as they do not contribute anything while the other companies had to pay. And that I was wrong to mention them. And here you are trying to protect a company that is not sponsor here Doing the same thing that I got told not to do,

So let me get this Right, It is wrong for me to promote them and others can take cheap shots at them ?? but it is Ok for others to promote them and I am in the wrong to say anything when they do something that is not right, ?? this is very confusing,

Ok, That's fine with me,

Ridge Runner, I wasn't just aiming at your statements alone, and I am not defending anyone. And I'm also not talking about the issue of promoting any company, sponsor or not.

I'm just saying that before words are written in such a way as if they're statements of fact, and then posted here and on other forums for all to see, it might be an idea to either confirm the information or write it in such a way that it's not being presented as outright fact...

Ridge Runner said:
Sorry I am Late in Posting this, But The whole story is being fuelled by who ever at GS, and was more likely to be behind their ruthless price rise, As was pointed out to me this passed week that the TDI Pro has now gone from $2650.00 to a Massive $3300.00 AUD,

I have an Email from Whites marketing Manager Stating this is NOT True, About Whites ceasing Production of the TDI Pro.

Again sorry for being Late with this,, John

QUOTE:-Dear John

White's TDI Pro, TDI Pro Australian, and TDI SL, are still in production. White's plans to continue building the TDI line indefinitely. No plans to discontinue anytime in the foreseeable future.

I did just that by posting the Email that I received from Whites U.S.A.

From the Beginning:-

Now the reason I got this email was all started because based on what GS were telling people was more of a problem for me than those In OZ, because GS said that the OZ Pro was still being made for the Australian market But was ceasing production for every where else, Which had me worried because Exactly 7 days before this thread was started on the 11/8/2015 I had just placed An Order for The first TDI Pro to be legally bought in to the country by Whites UK, This has taken me 4 years on and off to Get the powers that be to Agree to letting me have One,

7 days later this topic was started on the 18/8/2015, So seeing as this topic had started and many people here started to email me about The TDI Pro Ceasing production because of the Advert on the first post and GS Confirming it to Be True I then Contacted The person in the US regarding If I was going to receive my TDI Pro because of what GS were telling people and after 4 years I was going to get one Just to find out that GS were saying that they were no longer In Production,

This Email is from Whites Head Office Confirms what GS claims is Actually Untrue, and within the same time span GS then decide to add a 7-800 dollars rise to the price of Whites Machines an increase of 25% +/- across the board right out the blue Added within this past month.

And it was Another Valued Member here that bought this price hike to my attention else where, And Because it is hard enough to market Whites in Australia because of Minelabs Commitment to Prospecting, I see this Price Gouging by GS as nothing more than Suicide for GS and Whites in Australia because what GS do will rub off on the Brand, And I have done my best to help GS sales by spending hundreds of hours talking to people here and Via an excess of over a 1000 Emails just to help out, And then they start spreading Lies about The TDI Ceasing Production along with the price Issue,

They (GS) started the Lies and BS, and All I have done is Proven what they say is Untrue, According To Whites HQ.

Here I was thinking Syria had it tough......I'm all for expressing opinions but maybe whites can contact GS if they consider it a problem and let the buying public express their sentiment to GS directly or not all.
This is clearly getting too much focus on anything but a solution. And that right there is a problem.

Goldtarget said:
Here I was thinking Syria had it tough......I'm all for expressing opinions but maybe whites can contact GS if they consider it a problem and let the buying public express their sentiment to GS directly or not all.
This is clearly getting too much focus on anything but a solution. And that right there is a problem.

I agree, SunriseBoy did exactly what you suggest and got a Rude email back, so I guess that talking to them is not an option. GS are going to do what ever they like So I wish them luck with that.

Australia has many other first Rated Brands to offer People and many other companies to deal with, My only hope is that GS realize this before it is too Late,

G0lddigg@ said:
davent said:

From you're perspective being in darwin i personally would buy it online from the states if the difference was that great. But i wouldn't call the australian agent out for what he has to charge to supply them. The issue still is gold search are the service agent they have to make a profit to be able to keep their doors open to provide a service. Catch 22.

Remember gs have to put gst ontop of everything after they have paid gst and duty. They haveto pay gst twice and they have to pass it onto the consumer.

Couldn't agree more, I haven't called anyone out about anything. I did however find a reasonable deal on gumtree for a 2nd hand TDI OZ spec with a razorback coil, 2 batts etc. Just hope its a good unit, and I can lean to use it reasonably quickly. I thank everyone for their opinions and advice.

As for business, I make fishing lures on the side, and supply several retail business's in the NT, Qld and NSW. I make some myself, and have some made in Indonesia. I sell them to the retailers for what I decide I can to make it worth while to me and my family, what the retailer does with them once they have received them, is their business, and no one elses. ;)

Ridge Runner said:
Goldtarget said:

I agree, SunriseBoy did exactly what you suggest and got a Rude email back, so I guess that talking to them is not an option. GS are going to do what ever they like So I wish them luck with that.

Maybe you've been away from country too long, RR. :) I didn't think Dean's reply was rude at all.

He was forthright sure, but to me it sounded like a from the heart missive of a bloke who's had a gutfull and maybe he has - I don't know anything about the background from his point of view. Personally, I'd much rather read an email like that than the usual sanitised, politically correct, evasive commercial response.

Not that I entirely agree with what Dean had to say by way of justification, though - this most recent price hike just might be a bridge too far for GoldSearch's previously excellent reputation. Time will tell, I guess.

grubstake said:
Ridge Runner said:
Goldtarget said:

Maybe you've been away from country too long, RR. :) I didn't think Dean's reply was rude at all.

He was forthright sure, but to me it sounded like a from the heart missive of a bloke who's had a gutfull and maybe he has - I don't know anything about the background from his point of view. Personally, I'd much rather read an email like that than the usual sanitised, politically correct, evasive commercial response.

Not that I entirely agree with what Dean had to say by way of justification, though - this most recent price hike just might be a bridge too far for GoldSearch's previously excellent reputation. Time will tell, I guess.

Maybe I have, but I have noticed how the political correctness changes daily,

His price hike will be the start of the down hill run, I hope Not because they have done a good job until now and for the life of me I will never understand why they would tell people that rubbish about Ceasing production of the TDI Pro,
It is what it is and the Damage is done. The rest is up to them,

Latest posts