What are your other hobbies??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparra said:
Magilla said:
There is certainly a common theme with outdoor activities. I have been a keen fisherman for over 50 years, I try to keep my addiction in check but it is hard, I am down to 40 reels now and even fewer rods. Also keen archer and bowhunter, only 6 bows but have my eyes on a couple more, been flinging arrows for 50 years as well. Play golf two or three times a week, enjoy the game but enjoy the social side just as much. Always liked dirt bikes but getting a bit old now so the bikes had to go before I killed myself. Main hobby is still chasing the missus around, 38 years into our honeymoon and can't see it ending anytime soon.

Hey there Magilla...Are you the same one that's on the Bowhunters Group of Australia??

Yes mate, love my bowhunting.

davent said:
You can never have too many rod an reels magilla!
What are your favorites?
Mine (ATM) ate my Diawa j dream baitcaster and st Croix legend elite, 8-12 lb baitcaster.
But I have other favorites to. Dads Avon Royal is still nice...

That is what I keep telling the wife.

Favorite baitcaster is a Shimano Core 50, beautiful reel that you can throw light surface lures on a pitch black night without any worry of a backlash.
Favorite light spinning reel ( don't use large spinning reels except for throwing small plugs at Tuna) is a Shimano Stella 2500 that my son bought for me for my 60th. I thought at first that the price was ridiculous but the quality really shows through in use.
Favorite overhead casting reels are the Daiwa Saltist BG's, I have the 35 and the 50. I wore out a few Seascapes in the early days.
I like the Shimano 2speed overheads for the big stuff.
For beach and rocks I mostly use Alvey's unless I am chucking lures.

I make all my own rods, nearly all of my light rods are now made on MHX blanks. The new range of their Hi mod blanks are especially good. For heavier gear I like the Sabre blanks.

This is most of my stable but a few have been added since this photo was taken.

I would take a photo of my lure collection but it might be best if the missus doesn't see them all out at the same time.

Golf but i am pretty hopeless at it .Love motor bikes but just sold my Blackbird because i either getting old or bike makin bad decisions. Have not gone fishing for 3 years cos i got sick of feeding them. I still scratch the dirt as often as i can ,up north for a few months of the year and lucky i pretty good at that :) :)

Hobbies / interests ? ............................... if you ask my wife she would say far more than is good for my wallet :rolleyes: but basically if it makes the adrenalin flow I'm on it. :)
Magilla that's some impressive collection you have there ;)

Well, I've also got 3 kids. Oldest 16 (17 in a Couple of weeks), youngest 11. Lots of time there. Actually it is crazy how much time kids take up .

But my other thing is crossfit. Costs a few bucks, but it keeps me lifting weights and moving in all sorts of weird ways (4+ years, a normal gym has never ever done that!). If it helps me carry a pump and a shit load of hoses then that is a win.

I got into bee keeping a few years ago ..very enjoyable hobby looking forward to getting sum honey over the next few months ..

Main priorities are ..... WIFE....... kids..... & now a grandson.
I've got one more year on ya Magilla...... my wifes been the best thing in my life for 39 years now.
Hobbies past & present include gold detecting (not metal detecting :mad:), fishing with lures, clay target shooting field & game, dirt bikes, hunting, spot lighting, gardening, caravaning & camper trailering, 4X4ing, all forms of motor racing GPs, V8s, F1s, photography.
I was an adrenilen junky in my youger years (lucky to have survived really) but now more into sedate sports.
There certainly is a common thread running through a lot of us.
Rob.

I've got three kids but when I'm not focusing on them I'm, riding my XR650R up mt Watalgan, chasing big barra in my canoe, target shooting on my own range with mates, taste testing beers, restoring old chainsaws.
Sometimes the kids are involved with a few things like detecting (my youngest daughter has a go-find40) and they all fish ad shoot and fossick.

Daggy

Well according to the wife i have too many but definatly fishing, i have a small tinny (14 foot) and would go out all the time if i could.
Bow hunting although not very good, the goats are pretty safe.
Bike riding, i have a dr650 set up for long range touring.
Prospecting !!! I wish i could go more but distance stops me alot.
On top of all that new home owner and first time dad so allways busy haha

I collect lighters and paper weights and when i get time i do picture/photo matt board framing use to make my own frames as well building furnature and using my wood lathe but have given that up for now as the house i am in has no shed for my gear

My favorite hobby is to see pictures and videos of Australia
:|
1483032834_i_love_australia.jpg

I make soft cheeses and yogurt. I love fishing, sometimes in the kayak and sometimes just off the pier. I am in the process of swapping out my veggie beds and turning them into a little fruit bush orchard instead. I love my beer making and camping. I am going to go fossicking for the first time next week. I am going to try out Mortlake quarry at Port Fairy. If any one in the forum lives down there, I would be happy to go along with someone.

I thought i read that someone on here collects/repairs old clocks. I have an old Rowland Mantel Clock Serial Number 24445 Number 15 and was wondering how old it was if anyone can help. I have looked on Google but nothing forthcoming. Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.
Mackka

Latest posts