What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Just sitting here in the smoke trying not to read the climate change thread.... Also wondering if we'll ever have blue sky here again.
Probably in March heatho , you should be able to take your face mask off and breath easy . Cant be too pleasant swinging a detector in those conditions.

nucopia said:
Mackka said:
That's because he doesn't want to let DINNER out of his sight :lol: :lol:

His last name should be Hoover, the way he scoffs down his food :eek:
Reminds me of a useless pair of cattle dogs we had on the dairy farm.. they did have names, however if anyone asked what breed they were they were told they were "Turners" (because all they did was turn good food into :poop: )

Danny13 said:
Heatho said:
Just sitting here in the smoke trying not to read the climate change thread.... Also wondering if we'll ever have blue sky here again.
Probably in March heatho , you should be able to take your face mask off and breath easy . Cant be too pleasant swinging a detector in those conditions.

Haven't been swinging much mate, not for weeks actually. Will be back at it soon again though, has been really hot here too, 43 yesterday, 40 today, 40 for the next few days....

The smoke and fires just make it so much worse though. For instance, thought it was cloudy today but was just high smoke blanketing the whole area. Sun is red, light is weird, totally oppressive. :fire: We'll survive though. :D

Just finished weeding the tomato patch.

Went from this

1577608802_20191229_181946.jpg

To...this!

1577608843_20191229_185259.jpg

1577608859_20191229_192046.jpg

Reminiscing on a great weekend....

Yesterday, helped Patrick1 to dry blow some dirt up in Maryborough in 38 deg heat and zero wind and really enjoyed it...so I imagine it would be even more fun on a cooler day with a light breeze!

Also got to meet his gorgeous wife and their beautiful dog, then helped to pan the dirt and then run the concentrates through the sluice.

Camped out in the bush for the night, and despite the heat, enjoyed the solitude.

Wandered around a few mullock heaps in the heat early this morning with my wonderful "Tutor" who called my detector a "duck" (because it's sooo noisy) :lol:

After getting home, panned out a bag of concentrate he very generously gave to me and had a wonderful surprise to find there was a total of 0.167g of shiny in my pan.

The help I received and the fun I had was even better than the gold though.

Thanks Patrick for being such a fine example of what it means to be a human treasure.

Latest posts