What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harbourmaster said:
I've been trying to make it rain, have a patrol cab chassis & gave the cab a cut & polish yesterday, done 2 loads of washing for Mrs HM while she was out this morning and I cleaned the windows upstairs as well, don't know where Murphy gone but he's missing I recon
Na mate he's not missing.
He's here.Bastard won't leave 8.(

Well Im stuck at border village SA trying to get back to Newman just a quick trip back to vic to get my hilux and drive back be cause its so hard to get a vehicle transported loaded with gear been driving for a day and a half and highway is cut off for 4-5 days they say due to fires lots of trucks and travelers stuck might be a good time for the government to think about logistics to WA from the eastern states lots of people hurting got no choice will have to ride it out unleaded $2.11litre and diesel $2.13litre at Nullarbor roadhouse sucks but what do you do?

I am packing our cars and getting ready to run. Fire west, east and now south with a new one lit in grasslands on the monaro. If the wind shifts easterly, the the flank to our west will become a front. Once it gets into the Brindabellas it will be worse for Canberra than the 03 fires. Let's prsy that doesn't happen.

1577947526_f3e8f718-c841-4b2d-9d74-fd45d2a2f2eb.jpg

Nursing my little girl after two staffies got hold of her on the front lawn. Not happy Jan. broken fibula and green stick fracture in the other bone. A few punctures. I body slammed the instigator into the bitumen and threw him unconscious at the owners feet. Our neighbour got the other one off and dragged it home as well. Not really the owners fault as some lawn mowing guys had just left and they left the side gate open. But if you own nasty dogs then you need to be diligent. The vet said that Molly will recover ok but will take awhile. $950 happy new year. :argh:

kemjak57 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7526_f3e8f718-c841-4b2d-9d74-fd45d2a2f2eb.jpg
Nursing my little girl after two staffies got hold of her on the front lawn. Not happy Jan. broken fibula and green stick fracture in the other bone. A few punctures. I body slammed the instigator into the bitumen and threw him unconscious at the owners feet. Our neighbour got the other one off and dragged it home as well. Not really the owners fault as some lawn mowing guys had just left and they left the side gate open. But if you own nasty dogs then you need to be diligent. The vet said that Molly will recover ok but will take awhile. $950 happy new year. :argh:

We had two dogs from a neighbors yard. They left their gate open. Both dogs found our cat napping peacefully under our front deck and tore it to pieces, then had a go at a tradie who had come to investigate, all the while my wife screaming blue murder, 3 year old kids terrified while she threw furniture off the deck at them. Could have been one of my little girls. Makes me livid.

Hope for a speedy recovery Kemjak57 :beer:

All the best Baz take care I pray you come out of it well, the 03 fires were shocking my Dad evacuated with his sister, terrible times.

Muk said:
Well Im stuck at border village SA trying to get back to Newman just a quick trip back to vic to get my hilux and drive back be cause its so hard to get a vehicle transported loaded with gear been driving for a day and a half and highway is cut off for 4-5 days they say due to fires lots of trucks and travelers stuck might be a good time for the government to think about logistics to WA from the eastern states lots of people hurting got no choice will have to ride it out unleaded $2.11litre and diesel $2.13litre at Nullarbor roadhouse sucks but what do you do?

The last time I got fuel from there I was with my missus and we were driving a holden barina city which used about 6 liters every 100km. As much as I hate that car because it is too small and would not protect anyone in a crash, it was so cheap to travel in. I have had that car under my driveway awning for the last 4 years without ever driving it, must be time to get rid of it.

Go for a drive to look at weebubee cave inland from eucla, take a rope for safety (I wouldn't trust that old steel ladder by now).
Or... one of the other caves around the area, probably one near border villiage too.
link to cave.
http://www.cavedivers.com.au/weebubbie
or go for some short walking forays off the highway into the bush a bit and look for old abandoned cars from the past.
or.... visit the old eucla settlment down near the sea (don't swim though or you'll get eaten by a killer whale for sure). Detect any area that you see glass down there (I never did). :D

silver said:
Go for a drive to look at weebubee cave inland from eucla, take a rope for safety (I wouldn't trust that old steel ladder by now).
Or... one of the other caves around the area, probably one near border villiage too.
link to cave.
http://www.cavedivers.com.au/weebubbie
or go for some short walking forays off the highway into the bush a bit and look for old abandoned cars from the past.
or.... visit the old eucla settlment down near the sea (don't swim though or you'll get eaten by a killer whale for sure). Detect any area that you see glass down there (I never did). :D

Great idea Silver. We love crossing the Nullarbor. Too many people are just anxious to get to the other side when there's so much to do. We do Geocaching, it's a great activity when travelling and there are Geocaches across there and some are located at these interesting places.

Sitting in the dark after driving through the state park and remeniscing . Power is out all day , so i went for a drive to find a spot to pan in , but zero water in the creeks , so i drove around the forest for awhile, breathing in the fresh air and observing all the Parks Vic signs telling me i am on camera and not to cut any wood . ?

Waiting for my coffee at Calvino Coffee Wallan BP outbound, on my way home and these good people stop on their way to help those in need :Y: :trophy:

1578189781_img_20200105_130223.jpg
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tankers are from Ballarat City, Geelong City, Greenvale and Frankston given the geographical distance between each of these brigades it demonstrates the CFA are using every resource available :clap: :clap: :Y:

Latest posts