What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got 4 cartons of wine from Claymore wines in the Clare Valley yesterday, we're making a dent in them. Just finished more of my wife's Xmas pudding. Made to her old gran's recipe. Uses suet which is hard to get these days, distinct advantage living in the country but the butchers all say not many left who get it now days. Puddings were made 3 months ago and have been hanging in the pantry just waiting until today. Are you hungry yet, their bloody beautiful :cake: With brandy sauce & custard Mmmmm

Bjay said:
Wow just got a question from our engineer at work. He doesnt drink either. Quote, can a metal detector find things other than metal, Im trying to find a pvc water pipe. Wow, its not often Im dumbfounded but this was one occasion.

BJ, My shovel has a knack of striking pipes and wires. I don't think I'll ever need a pipe detector now that I have a excavator. They'll surely work their way to the surface shortly after I start to dig.

That Dial Before U Dig is a bit of joke as well. If you're lucky it'll give you a very rough idea perhaps even indicating which side of the road things are buried under but every time I've tried it I just wasted a lot of energy for no gain.

Bjay said:
Wow just got a question from our engineer at work. He doesnt drink either. Quote, can a metal detector find things other than metal, Im trying to find a pvc water pipe. Wow, its not often Im dumbfounded but this was one occasion.

The answer is YES, if it has a metal clamp attached to it. Aside from that , remember a couple of discussions elsewhere on the forum about moisture inside a buried tree root giving off false signals in a detector ? Happened to me a couple of months` ago ,so it may not be such a silly question . But generally speaking , i would have said NO ,too.

Latest posts