What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting out on the deck with Mrs RJ. Old school tunes playing. The Weber still putting out some heat to keep is warm after it cooked dinner. Roasted pumpkin soup. Thick as porridge.
1561887964_20190630_190042.jpg

1561887991_20190630_180746.jpg

I look at it like this RockRat. If you have always had the flu injection ,your body gets used to it and it becomes part of your body`s immune / defence system. Miss a shot and part of that defence is missing and may make you vulnerable to a flu.
If you never or rarely have the flu shot ,then your body uses it`s own immune system to fend off the flu. Sometimes you catch it , sometimes you don`t.

We are all different in how our body reacts .

FOZ

RockRat said:
what age are you all.
me 69, missed my flu shot this year, never again.
worst dose of the flu iv'e ever had. :awful:

I'm 50 and never had a shot and plan to keep going the way I am. I've had a REAL flu twice in the last 12 to 15 years and before that was a 10 to 12 year interval. I call the flu one that causes me aches pain and serious fatigue with a fever that knocks me for 6 and lays me up in bed for at least 3 days apart from that it's a cold and I go to work like every other day. I struggle to work out how people are comfortable injecting the last strain of the virus into them, I believe in fighting fire with fire but draw the line when it comes to any virus.

Apart from that I just got back from the local with the boys and neither of us are happy :mad: they've put up the price of the bar meals :N: and reduced the portion size :mad: :mad: plus for any meal that is ordered with chips and salad (hello it's a standard that shouldn't have to be explained) they now slug us $1.50 for the rabbit tucker :( :mad: :N: :N: So the new venue is the Top Pub who have had great reviews since the new cook started :Y: and I'll get to chuck on a few miseries (mystery bets) while I enjoy a coldie and a decent feed :Y: :beer:

Myself only ever had the proper flu twice in my lifetime. Im not talking runny nose sore throat I dont feel kind of well flu. Thats called man flu. Im sure weve all had it. Times Ive had full on kick my ass flu( the real one) Ive spent a full week just wanting to die a horrible death it was so bad but survived. Anyway we just had a bloke who passed away from the flu locally and he was only 43. Had a shot not long beforehand. One of them bugs thats been around for years and kicks a lot of people and has done for years but has never been really advertised.

Jaros said:
I wonder how many people didn't have their flu injections this year.

Never had one and don't want one.
I cannot see why healthy people need one.
I haven't had a cold for decades.
Unfit, obese, elderly or living in a controlled [a/c etc] environment I can understand.
I feel sorry for people that live/work in an controlled environment that have their colleagues dirty air recirculated over and over.
And all these d#$ck heads that go to work when sick contribute.

I don't consider myself a dh Redfin when I go to work with a cold or feeling snotty it's a matter of working for myself and a need to work. Even when I did work in an employed capacity I never had a day off for a cold or many days off at all. For most viruses and colds contamination takes place before you even know you have it or prone to pass it on. Recirculated work environments are a sess pit for contamination no matter how mild the illness might be. I'll back it in people of the cotton wool variety will milk it for what ever they can.

RM Outback said:
when I did work in an employed capacity I never had a day off for a cold or many days off at all
RM, then you most probably made healthy people sick, and that is wrong.

Redfin said:
RM Outback said:
when I did work in an employed capacity I never had a day off for a cold or many days off at all
RM, then you most probably made healthy people sick, and that is wrong.

Most probably right there Redfin, I got it from someone else who was sick before me as it happens with most colds and viruses. As humans we're only inches away from contamination pretty much every day and I'll back it in even you have passed on infection of sorts healthy or otherwise. No one is immune to infection and in the case of a cold it's a good thing for strengthening your immunity. I can assure you when I have had the flu there was no choice other than bed and in the time it took me to realise I had it other's would have most probably contracted the virus as well. I'd rather be working than laying in a bed but sometimes we don't have a choice depending on circumstances.

That long line of cold and flu going from on person on to the next......
Well we do everything possible to make it end with us !
(including exclusion) O:)
:fire:
:skull:

Smoky bandit said:
Jaros said:
I wonder how many people didn't have their flu injections this year. I have mine in April every year and take a Horseradish, Garlic and VitC every morning :) . No probs.
Never had a flu injection in my life mate.
I caught it from a client who had iinfluenza A and so did his wife and kids...And they all had flu shots 6 weeks ago.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just reinforced my personal belief :) :Y:

I remember as a kid that if any kid came down with measles, mumps, german measles etc etc all the parents got the kids together to play and hopefully catch what was going around guess that was called herd immunity back in the early sixties and kids not injected with products with sometimes dubious contents
Pagan P :argh:

Smoky bandit said:
I cough and sneeze on everyone I can when I have the flu.
I like to share . :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think most people cannot differentiate between a cold and the flu.
The flu will knock you off your feet for a couple of weeks, bedridden.
No going to work or going about your normal activities with the flu, a cold yes.

Any way, back on topic, an packing the Prado for a week in the GT.

pagan prospector said:
Smoky bandit said:
Jaros said:
I wonder how many people didn't have their flu injections this year. I have mine in April every year and take a Horseradish, Garlic and VitC every morning :) . No probs.
Never had a flu injection in my life mate.
I caught it from a client who had iinfluenza A and so did his wife and kids...And they all had flu shots 6 weeks ago.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just reinforced my personal belief :) :Y:

I remember as a kid that if any kid came down with measles, mumps, german measles etc etc all the parents got the kids together to play and hopefully catch what was going around guess that was called herd immunity back in the early sixties and kids not injected with products with sometimes dubious contents
Pagan P :argh:
In South Park they play Ookie Mouth :drooling:

Latest posts