What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from Eumundi Markets and fish,chips and salad at Joe's Waterhole Hotel. Best fish and chips EVER. Two huge pieces and a pile of home made chips ,yummo.
Not that I was excited or anything but I do love GOOD fish and chips.
Mackka :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Mackka said:
Just got back from Eumundi Markets and fish,chips and salad at Joe's Waterhole Hotel. Best fish and chips EVER. Two huge pieces and a pile of home made chips ,yummo.
Not that I was excited or anything but I do love GOOD fish and chips.
Mackka :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:
Oh Mackka, my favouritist market ever, have been a few times, so much to see and eat and drink and the music is always great. Love the vibe of that market and town. Funk central. Yes I said funk, as in really cooooooooooolllllll. :cool: :cool:

RM Outback said:
Bracing myself for an onslaught of teenagers for a bonfire sleep over :argh: the first 3 young blokes have arrived to help prep the fire and from the house I can see fire balls flying in all directions :mad: think I'll head on down and spell out the death of the party rules before for they get to carried away :) looks like I'm in for a long night :| at least their outdoors and we're out of town.

Post up some pictures later on mate :D

Just kitted out a brand new camo vest i bought about 30 years` ago ,but never wore. It is somewhat smaller than when i first bought it .but still fits.
Heaps of velcro and zip pockets and better equipped for the job than the $200 to $400 ones i was looking at buying during the week.
Got the scoop attached to a top buckle on one side and the pinpointer attached to the other side. Filled the zip pockets with all
the essentials to go swinging tomorrow ,weather pending.

Back in the saddle after a few months off.

1561190491_20190622_161240.jpg

Eluvial said:
Fun night ahead for you then RM... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep :lol: all good there a good group of youngn's and I'm sure they will keep it respectable ( :argh: did I just say that :lol:) just a little over enthusiastic at the beginning :( we've all been there done that so now it's my turn to keep watch :)

Thanks RJ, O.H&S I understand.
I have two vivid memories of train drivers.
As a 6 year old ,every afternoon after school I would run to my back fence and wait for the 4.30 steam train and as it came into site I would start waving madly hoping that the driver would see me and blow his whistle. He never failed me.
At 50 something, I took my Mother, Step Father and my Wife back home.
It wasnt 4.30 but I heard a train in the distance and I ran to that fence and waved madly as a little boy would and as I stepped back into a previous life, the driver of the diesel blew his whistle, unbelievable but true.
Now I just have to stop the tears running down my face .
Sometimes, people in what they may call mundane jobs dont realise the absolute pleasure that you give other people, little boys or those that believe they still are.
God Bless mate and thanks for being a train driver.
:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :cake: :cake: :cake: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :Y:

Mackka said:
Thanks RJ, O.H&S I understand.
I have two vivid memories of train drivers.
As a 6 year old ,every afternoon after school I would run to my back fence and wait for the 4.30 steam train and as it came into site I would start waving madly hoping that the driver would see me and blow his whistle. He never failed me.
At 50 something, I took my Mother, Step Father and my Wife back home.
It wasnt 4.30 but I heard a train in the distance and I ran to that fence and waved madly as a little boy would and as I stepped back into a previous life, the driver of the diesel blew his whistle, unbelievable but true.
Now I just have to stop the tears running down my face .
Sometimes, people in what they may call mundane jobs dont realise the absolute pleasure that you give other people, little boys or those that believe they still are.
God Bless mate and thanks for being a train driver.
:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :cake: :cake: :cake: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :Y:

I and many others will always toot the horn for kids. Scares crap out of many of them. :D It's an interesting job and takes some learning and skill. Because it used to be all government the training was all internal so no real comparison to other careers. We are in the process of getting accreditation that is recognised Australia wide. I wrote a bit of a tale in our Moderators forum and the boys seemed interested. I had the idea of starting a topic explaining interesting careers and taking questions. Maybe I should kick that idea off?

Back up at the house after a few hours with some great young people enjoying themselves around a bonnie :fire: :Y: it's such a great night when you get a chance to spend it with the next generation of young adults and hear there stories, goals, aspirations :gemstone: :sunny: had a ripper time met some fantastic people and came away feeling better than I did earlier this arvo :beer: success :Y: :)

Latest posts