What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sand surfer said:
yea smoky i live near the coast in qld they say that here :) ,i grew up in the dingee area in vic no sailors out there only shepard's :eek: may be the reason why the words sailor and shepard are swapped :lol: :beer:

I'm about 45min away from Dingee heading up to Pyramid Hill, definitely no sailors out there that I know of :playful:

RM Outback said:
sand surfer said:
yea smoky i live near the coast in qld they say that here :) ,i grew up in the dingee area in vic no sailors out there only shepard's :eek: may be the reason why the words sailor and shepard are swapped :lol: :beer:

I'm about 45min away from Dingee heading up to Pyramid Hill, definitely no sailors out there that I know of :playful:

Shot a few foxes around Calivil, in the late 70s and early 80s.

Bush Chook said:
RM Outback said:
sand surfer said:

Shot a few foxes around Calivil, in the late 70s and early 80s.

:lol: :Y:

Had not heard that one , Sand Surfer.

An old bush trick i have used for 30 odd years is how to calculate the amount of daylight left at the end of a day. Put your hand up about 2 feet infront of your face with the index finger on the bottom and the pointer finger on the top ( like you are going to shake someone`s hand ) . Position the bottom of your index finger with the bottom of the horizon and count how many fingers it takes to block out the sun. Every finger represents 20 minutes ,so if it takes 3 fingers to block the sun ,you have 60 minutes of daylight left. It`s really hard to describe without demonstrating it ,but i can tell you it is very accurate. I used to use it alot.

Working out How to stop a Mining Company taking out an EL over a property in NSW... Has Anybody got any ideas What Needs to be done?

LW...

LoneWolf said:
Working out How to stop a Mining Company taking out an EL over a property in NSW... Has Anybody got any ideas What Needs to be done?

LW...
Hi LW, there is pretty much nothing you can do about it, every property owner only owns the surface rights, all ground under that is the crowns. But there are certain things they are not allowed near as in dams, bores, dwellings ect. Best to check your state laws as they are all different in some way. Hope this helps a bit. Noel.

working on the computer... :| :| :|
looking for some good detectors to compare and then buy... :money: :inlove: :goldnugget: :goldpan: :pickshovel:
all confused and giving myself a headache lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :| :| :N:

Bracing myself for an onslaught of teenagers for a bonfire sleep over :argh: the first 3 young blokes have arrived to help prep the fire and from the house I can see fire balls flying in all directions :mad: think I'll head on down and spell out the death of the party rules before for they get to carried away :) looks like I'm in for a long night :| at least their outdoors and we're out of town.

Latest posts