What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigWave said:
Hey Jaros, I also have been posting here:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30865
I really liked it at the tip, and will be taking my son back there (He'll fly in and out of Cairns).
Also want to catch up with our Palmer River friends on my way back South.
Then, I'm planning some days detecting around Forsayth (likely Lornevale Station), then crossing the Simpson (West to East) on the way home.

Sounds like an awesome adventure BigWave!
Best of luck, and stay in touch with lots of awesome pics!

Cheers,
Megsy

What is this ?

The moon is out in full and has a perfect ring around it. What is going on here ?

I just took this pic about 5 minute`s ago and it is very bright.

1560771553_1.jpg

I`ll hold you to that , Madtuna.

Had heavy fog early this morning in ballarat and sunshine most of the day ,but still very cold. Got a little bit of rain.

My dam is 3/4 full ,so a good drop for a couple of days might fill it. Can only hope.

FOZ

i'm fiddlin' around on this compoooter wishing i was out there warming my feet against a warm campfire and waiting for some nice fella to throw a shrimp on the barrbie :pickshovel:

Actually it's a Strawberry Moon.. :) ... In The Northern Hemisphere, they call this full moon a Strawberry Moon... Coincides with the Strawberry Harvest...

LW....

Good pick up , LW. I had never heard of that before.

It is pouring rain outside ballarat ,at the moment. Who would have predicted that ? Thanks Madtuna. :Y:

FOZ

Hi just starting,the ring around the moon is a old farmers tale, each ring is how many day's away the rain is, worked pretty well where i grew up in vic but does not work so well in queensland where i live, here if we get 3 fog's in a row there is a fair chance of rain.It is a bit like the old saying "red sky of a night shepard's delight red sky of a morning shepards warning" :Y:

I've never heard it said like that SS. :Y: :) ..Red sky at night...Sailors delight....Red sky in morning...Sailors take warning....But i did grow up with a family of trawler men. :Y:

There are variations of the phrase, some including the plural word "sailors":

Red sky at night, sailors' delight.[1]
Red sky at morning, sailors' warning.

Another version uses the word "shepherds":

Red sky at night, shepherds' delight.
Red sky in the morning, shepherds' warning.

Another version uses "pink" in place of "red":

Pink sky at night, sailors' delight.
Pink sky in the morning, sailors' take warning.

Another version uses "forlorn" in place of "warning":

Red sky at night, sailors' delight.
Red sky in the morn', sailors' forlorn.

Thanks Wiki.

Latest posts